Picture of the ID.3 charging in Tesco, UK

Post pictures of your Volkswagen ID.3 here
ID3Owner

Post by ID3Owner »

Last year, Volkswagen announced that it has partnered with Tesco and Pod Point to install more than 2,400 electric car charging bays.

Fast forward 12 months and shoppers will find 7 kW electric car charging points at 100 Tesco stores across the UK.

The charging points are free for shoppers – and they’re not just for Volkswagens. All electric car owners are able to use the free chargers.

Volkswagen visited Tesco in Potters Bar in the new ID.3 electric car – the first time the model has been seen in the UK since its debut in Frankfurt.

What I find interesting is that the car behind is a Golf so it gives an interesting visual comparison of the proportions of the ID3 against the Golf.

Volkswagen-ID.3-at-Tesco.jpg

Electric-charging-at-Tesco.jpg

Electric-car-owners-can-charge-for-FREE-at-Tesco.jpg

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

My local Tesco has recently had these charging points installed. It is not uncommon, however, to see non electric cars occupying the spaces. I asked instore if there was any policy regarding abuse of the spaces. The answer was “Oh, we don’t know.”
Not very encouraging!
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I wondered why they couldn’t have a small number plate recognition camera built into them. Auto fine in the post for anyone caught using the space without charging.

They seem to have the everywhere else so why not!
blackangus

Post by blackangus »

How things change- your Tesco stay charge and shop hasn't turned out so well in 2022. Oh well....
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

My experience is this. Free chargers are clearly taken by employee s of the suoermarket or the retail park. where I live,It’s only a survey of one but I always see the same cars hogging the free chargers. Same is true in local council subsidised chargers.It will I guess be only a matter of time before this comes less of an issue because it won’t be long before councils and retailers will no longer bear that discounted cost.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I’ve never been able to use our local Tesco free chargers but now there not free there never in use so for me I personally think it’s a good thing they are no longer free
rawws

Post by rawws »

Agree i still use them though as it still costs less than charging at home
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw