Sanya Summer Wheels

Post pictures of your Volkswagen ID.3 here
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

We got our id.3 in the autumn .....

So, Got a set of Sanya wheels and tires for the summer months.. Ebay, direct from Germany

The plan is that both sets of tyres may see the car to the end of its lease then we sell the (unscratched) alloys... Or, put them on another id.3

The ride ? .... can't tell the difference most of the time ! - More agile in corners. more 'figity' on very rough surfaces

IMG_20220428_171411_486.jpg

IMG_20220428_171358_885 (1).jpg

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

They look really good. I have looked at doing the same but on my new ID3 ordered in Sept.
Just not sure its coming next week or the end of the year??? No point on my current ID3.
The ebay supplier from Germany looks like a really good source. 12,000+ feedbacks 100% positive.
What tyres did you go for
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

There may be a 'shop-front' in Germany, but the fact they are called 'Sanya' implies Chinese origin/ sourcing or?.....
And 12000 positive feedbacks doesn't mean much on e-commerce, because no guarantees they are not fake.

For info: Sanya is a famous holiday resort in Hainan island... used to be a semi-sophisticated resort with 3 top class hotels for the weekend Hong Kong riche and occasional expat ( and was quality). Unfortunately like many things it has become overrun with cheap hotels and tour groups, and become like the Chinese Blackpool.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I really like the look of the Sanyas. They look at a lot more special and unique to my eyes but I was put off them when ordering the car by a combination of the VW price and reports that ride on the 19s was worse than the 18s so it would probably be much worse on the 20s. What tyres were you coming from before and do you do much driving on bumpy B-roads?
Ta
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

duckworthsj wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:42 pm There may be a 'shop-front' in Germany, but the fact they are called 'Sanya' implies Chinese origin/ sourcing or?.....
And 12000 positive feedbacks doesn't mean much on e-commerce, because no guarantees they are not fake.

For info: Sanya is a famous holiday resort in Hainan island... used to be a semi-sophisticated resort with 3 top class hotels for the weekend Hong Kong riche and occasional expat ( and was quality). Unfortunately like many things it has become overrun with cheap hotels and tour groups, and become like the Chinese Blackpool.
These Sanya alloys are the flagship wheel (for want of a better term) which was pictured in pretty much all of VW's marketing material for the ID.3. They came as standard on the 1st edition max on the continent I think.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

sidehaas wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:55 pm
duckworthsj wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:42 pm There may be a 'shop-front' in Germany, but the fact they are called 'Sanya' implies Chinese origin/ sourcing or?.....

These Sanya alloys are the flagship wheel (for want of a better term) which was pictured in pretty much all of VW's marketing material for the ID.3. They came as standard on the 1st edition max on the continent I think.
Ah Ok... me bad. :oops:
Another example of Western car producers catering for the Chinese Market again ... otherwise they might be called Blackpool Summer Wheels or Southend Summer Wheels :D

Anyway... what's in a name,... I agree they look good with the car
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

duckworthsj wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:05 pm .. otherwise they might be called Blackpool Summer Wheels
Surely they'd be pink and white and say Volkswagen all the way round
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

G43FAN wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:07 pm
duckworthsj wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:05 pm .. otherwise they might be called Blackpool Summer Wheels
Surely they'd be pink and white and say Volkswagen all the way round
:lol: :lol:
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

Daveion wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:06 pm They look really good. I have looked at doing the same but on my new ID3 ordered in Sept.
Just not sure its coming next week or the end of the year??? No point on my current ID3.
The ebay supplier from Germany looks like a really good source. 12,000+ feedbacks 100% positive.
What tyres did you go for
Dave
'Goodyear Efficient-grip Performance'

The wheels and tires were sold as "directly from a production line car"
There were signs (inside the hub) that the wheels had been fitted, tires very much brand new.

I have no reason to doubt this.

Only issue was the amount of time stuck at customs English (plus an accompanying bill for £400) ... hey ho, that's the new normal though.
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

sidehaas wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:53 pm I really like the look of the Sanyas. They look at a lot more special and unique to my eyes but I was put off them when ordering the car by a combination of the VW price and reports that ride on the 19s was worse than the 18s so it would probably be much worse on the 20s. What tyres were you coming from before and do you do much driving on bumpy B-roads?
Ta
Our car (family pro) came with the stock steel wheels and plastic trims... Goodyear tires as well. We will by putting them back on late autumn or first sign of a road gritter (whichever comes first)

We are in a rural area, 50/50 A&B .. although most of our A roads are 'country A roads'

Almost all journeys I appreciate the feel of the car with the 20's...
In the first week a more chattery chassis is perceivable on the worst surfaces (5% of the time) but handled better than a lot of cars i have driven of this wheelbase.. after the first week I stopped noticing anything negative. For me its a 95% improvement in dynamics overall.

and... it looks a lot more THX 1138 T70 / less Woody Allen Sleeper car now.