Gear selector not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
BFA

Post by BFA »

Hi all,

I had an issue about 5 times in 5 months, when I come into the car after being parked for a while it starts properly but the gear selector doesn’t work, it stays on parking, the rest of the infotainment works properly, no errors are displayed.
The only solution I found was to lock the car, get far from it for a while and then unlock it again, once I had to do it a couple of times before it let me select a gear.
I took it to the dealer, they made some testing but found nothing, because they couldn’t duplicate it I took it home hoping that a software update may correct it in the future.

Yesterday happened again, I’m worried that it may be some hardware thing, did someone experienced the same issue?

Thank you,

My model is a Tour, software version 2.1

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Yes, unfortunately it has been reported before and required in some cases hardware replacement..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=579&hilit=gear+selector
BFA

Post by BFA »

Thank you for the link, I see it’s a common issue for some time. I don’t understand how the dealer can say that they haven’t heard about this issue, it seems that there is no good communication inside VW.

Cheers
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Possible that the dealer hasn’t encountered one before, and if there is a VW technical article about it they haven’t read it.