ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

🤞

Stewink

Post by Stewink »

Seen a few confused people on here. Have just been through the latest 'double update' and all is now working OK

The updates download (but don't install) while car is on (i.e. driving) to actually install the update you don't need a solid 4g connection. While actually updating you can't drive it anyway

Don't know if this is just me, but before first update many Amber warning lights appeared on dashboard... Lane assist, travel assist, cruise control, road sign display all unavailable

Got the message 'update downloaded' while driving. Then when parked up that night wanted to start it, but nothing in notifications like with previous update

So this time you get a message at the top of the 'goodbye' screen, when you park the car, like this...

Screenshot_20211022-132227_YouTube.jpg

Clicking on 'update avaliable' then brings you to a screen to prep for starting update... mine asked me to turn off the side lights (although the lights are always on Auto) before it would allow me to start update

First update said 70 minutes so I left car for an hour it was done. It asks for brief Internet connecting after update (I think this is just for car to report it has completed that update)

2nd larger update same process, but this time 170 minutes! Left it overnight

Good luck everyone!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Stewink wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:47 pm Seen a few confused people on here. Have just been through the latest 'double update' and all is now working OK

The updates download (but don't install) while car is on (i.e. driving) to actually install the update you don't need a solid 4g connection. While actually updating you can't drive it anyway

Don't know if this is just me, but before first update many Amber warning lights appeared on dashboard... Lane assist, travel assist, cruise control, road sign display all unavailable

Got the message 'update downloaded' while driving. Then when parked up that night wanted to start it, but nothing in notifications like with previous update

So this time you get a message at the top of the 'goodbye' screen, when you park the car, like this...

Screenshot_20211022-132227_YouTube.jpg

Clicking on 'update avaliable' then brings you to a screen to prep for starting update... mine asked me to turn off the side lights (although the lights are always on Auto) before it would allow me to start update

First update said 70 minutes so I left car for an hour it was done. It asks for brief Internet connecting after update (I think this is just for car to report it has completed that update)

2nd larger update same process, but this time 170 minutes! Left it overnight

Good luck everyone!

It's amazing how many people didn't actually read the email where they agreed to receive the update.

VW also went to the trouble of creating this page, with pretty much the same information as the email: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html
Jaymark

Post by Jaymark »

Hi

I’m having a very tenuous time with the update to 2.3

Yesterday all the driver conveniences became unavailable which is a symptom of the update being made ready.

I even received a message to say ‘update ready

But no install box appeared.

This morning same issue with the error messages for the conveniences. Then all of a sudden the errors went away and a message saying ‘update unavailable’

It seems this update has just disappeared

Anyone else had this issue? What should I do?

Frustratingly tantalising then major anti-climax.

Look forward to hearing back

Jason
Deleted User 192

Jaymark wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:59 am What should I do?

Next time you get in the car, don’t press the brake pedal for at least 60 seconds.

Then at the end of your drive, the update should appear on the “goodbye” screen.

If not, check Settings > System information - there’s an updates button there.

If there’s no sign at all of it, contact VW, the iddirect@volkswagen.de address is probably the best one.
Jaymark

Post by Jaymark »

Thank you so much Scott I’ll go and try that now

Best wishes

Jason
Jaymark

Post by Jaymark »

Sadly nothing so have written to email supplied.
Thanks Scott for you help. J
gwr

Post by gwr »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:35 pm
It's amazing how many people didn't actually read the email where they agreed to receive the update.

VW also went to the trouble of creating this page, with pretty much the same information as the email: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html
Great, thanks. My German wasn't adequate for the email.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
Deleted User 192

gwr wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:03 pm
scott28tt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Great, thanks. My German wasn't adequate for the email.

Your VW profile is set to Germany as the country, that’s why your email (and the link you clicked within it) was in German.
Stewink

Post by Stewink »

I noticed (after watching other people's videos on YouTube etc) that a 'long press' of the home screen button brings up a 'service' screen, which also shows an update for the infotainment system

Anyone tried that?
Stewink

Post by Stewink »

I mean hold this button...

Screenshot_20211025-102840_Gallery.jpg

To get this screen...

Screenshot_20211025-102900_Gallery.jpg

Pressing update menu shows...

Screenshot_20211025-102912_Gallery.jpg

Anyone tried that?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Doesn't do anything on mine. Not on 2.3 yet and haven't been offered it yet either. (Did get the WeCharge update and the manual update)
Yossa

Post by Yossa »

Does anyone has a link with detailed info on new I'd.light functions?
Deleted User 192

Yossa wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:27 pm Does anyone has a link with detailed info on new I'd.light functions?

I built my own list, just posted into this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1416
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My car installed an update this morning.
Does the screen shot look correct? have no idea.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Daveion wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:40 pm My car installed an update this morning.

20211025_133820.jpg

20211025_133827.jpg

Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

Daveion wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:49 pm
Daveion wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:40 pm My car installed an update this morning.

Once the front assist warnings have gone away, part 1 is installed.

But you won't see any changes to any part of the infotainment system at that point.

After part 2 is installed you'll see a version of 0910 rather than 0792, plus the other documented changes.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Scott
Should I expect another dl then or will it install part 2 from Car systen?
Warning lights have all gone 👍
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Stewink

Post by Stewink »

Another download, and, 170 minute install time
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Many thanks