Warning lights and software issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
aswale

Post by aswale »

Had the ID3 for a week now and not enjoying the glitches.....

I now have both an amber and red exclamation point within a triangle error lit up on my small display above the steering wheel - no information provided and hasn't disappeared after turning car on and off again. Anybody else experiencing this? I drove last night with these lit up and no issues.

The computer has also now decided it no longer wants to display time and date or weather info despite these working for the first week - now when I try to set the date and time it states 'sorry this function is currently unavailable' despite it being online and me having good signal.

Anybody else having similar issues?

Annoying that the local dealership is now closed till Tuesday meaning I can't get any advice......

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Sorry I can't help, but if I was you I would call Volkswagen Roadside Assistance, which will get you through to the AA with VW trained technicians always on hand, or so the website says - 0800 912 1439 - I got the free 5 day insurance which comes with this, as your car is so new I would hope they would help on behave of VW anyway.

Page 23 of the manual makes the red triangle exclamation mark sound a bit scary (Do not drive! Danger) - assuming that is the symbol you have on your car.

Good luck, hope the glitches go away.

Out of curiosity which version of the software is on your car?
Last edited by simonrg on Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

I think at this stage the recommendation is to hold down the on/off switch on the infotainment for at least 15 seconds, until you hear a crackle, that will reboot the infotainment system, then lock the car, ensuring the key is well away from the car and leave for 30 minutes. If that does not clear the lights then a trip to the dealer would be the best course of action
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

If you go into the Vehicle section of the infotainment system and then I think Status you can access a list of errors/warnings.
aswale

Post by aswale »

So I restarted the infotainment system as suggested and no look - still the same issues.

And if you see my newer post it now doesn't recognise the battery so won't show me percentage charge and when I go on 'charging' part of the system menus it tells me 'this function is unavailable'.

Lovely!
aswale

Post by aswale »

Also - my software version is 0564?
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

If you continue to have problems, insist that the dealer updates you to the latest software (Version 2.0). Luckily I was aware of the update when I bought our 1st Edition 2 weeks ago, and insisted they update the software before I bought it. So far the glitches have been few and far between.

If your dealer hasn't done any updates before, he may need to send off for some special equipment and the update may take a full day.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Give your dealer a list of any issues and warning/error messages and see what they suggest
aswale

Post by aswale »

Thanks all - that's my plan for tomorrow morning as soon as they open. I've been looking longingly out of the window at a new toy I can't play with!
Pacman1970

Post by Pacman1970 »

Did you get a resolution from the dealer for this issue? My ID3 is doing exactly the same thing with the red triangle warning symbol.

Any information you could provide would be very helpful.

Thanks
Rockonron

Post by Rockonron »

If it is the yellow and red exclamation warnings, that have no error message on the main display for me, I had these warnings for about a week or so before my 12v battery died and car would not start.

Once the 12v got a jump start warnings went away, so I suspect they are related in some way to 12v battery losing charge.

It might be worth checking the voltage and giving it a boast of needed.
aswale

Post by aswale »

This was the same scenario for me - the 12V battery had died. But once the recovery ppl recharged it, the car wasn't having it and threw up lots of other errors so had to be towed to the dealership. It took a while to sort as it happened over Christmas and New Year so lots of delays.

The solution was to download and install an interim patch that solved the battery issue and it's been fine since.