Error: drive system and brakes failing

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
ID3nomore

Post by ID3nomore »

Hi

I'm looking for some advice as I am locked ina tug of war with VW and Arval (lease company)

I like many others have made use of the 0/1% BIK and my wife has done about 1000miles in her id3.

Last week the brakes stopped working and went down to about 15% usage and luckily she managed to get it to the side of the road without hitting anything. She was also driving in D and P and B would not work.

It's gone into VW and they are saying that they can't replicate the error having done 70 miles and therefore it is fine to drive, errors have been cleared. My point clearly is that they need to get to the bottom of it as it is not roadworthy until they find and fix what caused the error.

Their argument has been so far that the logs showed the brake and accelerator were pressed at the same time and this could cause the brakes problem. However, although my wife did do this, this was AFTER the issue and she was instinctively doing what you would do in a manual, ie clutch and brake together.

Furthermore, even if that can cause a brakes error, surely that's a recall issue as it's not safe to drive, why do the brakes need to error in that instance?

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or any other advice as currently they're adamant on giving me the car back and I'm not taking it. I've asked for the logs and a written report to show what all of the codes were as 'tyre pressure low' 'brake deployed? she thinks' and 'error drive system' all showed up amongst possibly more.

Thanks