Infotainment disconnects and connects (with video)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

My ID3 started to disconnect and connect (like power off / power on). Radio volumes goes totally off.
Video attached so that it can be seen happening:

https://youtu.be/Vb-zAOcg-dU

Any others with the same issue?
I have the car for 6 months and only now this problem started. I also cannot control the air conditioner with the "We Connect ID" App, and I was never able to. With the app the only thing that works is to check the battery level, so the app estabilizes connection with the car, all the rest is totally useless.
I also noticed that the Infotainment starts when the car is parked/locked and nobody is in it. This started to happen when this main issue started.
I already tried a reset, but the issue was not gone.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Never seen that issue!!!!
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Not seen it. Try this, it's a fix WeConnect sent me when I had connection issues.

Turn on the offline mode.
Wait 5 minutes.
Turn it on.
Do a soft reset by holding down the power button on the infotainment for 20 seconds.
Uninstall your app.
restart your phone.
Install it again.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I think that's going to need to go to the dealers. At simplest it appears to be a power issue. If you turn the system off using the power button doe the clock remain steadily displayed?
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

Thank you all for the help.

Regarding if the clock stays on: no as soon I press the power off for a bit, I can see the clock, soon after the remaining controls fade out, then it also fades out. I would say less than a second.

Regarding the robgarth solution: I am afraid that I cannot update if I remove the application from my phone, but at the same time I would say that this problem started about 1 week after I have installed the application, with the objective that the car would update the software. I saw in a YouTube video that it was one of the conditions to be able to update. What a mess.
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

In the meantime another user of a ID3 replied on the youtube video saying that he had the same issue. Seems that the buttons below the Infotainment are the problem and had to be replaced.
Lets see what will happen. Dealer already booked for next month (in 3 weeks from now).
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

This issue was solved a few weeks after the we connect software was updated. No need to change anything electronic.