Momentary Loss of Power

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Here's an unusual one. My Family ID.3 has been back to the dealers twice. First for the 2.1 update and months later today for a new 12V battery. When leaving the dealership and turning right onto the main road I experienced a momentary loss of power. This has happened exactly the same and in exactly the same place on both occasions. I've driven the car over 6000 miles and this has only happened after these two visits to the dealership. The power loss occurs for probably less than a second and the car recovers and sails on. Let me say that I have made the same turn many times before when visiting other outlets where the dealership is located and there has never been an issue. Anyone else here had this?

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Incredibly this happened again today under exactly the same circumstances. I can only liken it to an ICE car going off a couple of cylinders and then recovering. There was a bit of a clunk and then the car recovered and has been ok since. I had left it with the dealer for about an hour as it regularly looses internet connection and they wanted to get data from it to send to VW. It always happens in exactly the same place pulling out onto the main road. Could become dangerous unless I leave plenty of space when pulling out. This is the third time its happened after visiting the dealership, although it didn't happen on the previous visit.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I recall the thread some way back. Could it be connected with a driver assist/alert setting, misreading a junction and a hesitation. If it's only that spot it has to be something about the junction layout. Strange but at least you know what to expect.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

To me the common thread is that I have just left the dealership where they have been interrogating the cars systems - I assume connecting a computer etc. The junction where it happens is about 70 meters from the dealership.
It has never happened at this junction when I have been visiting other shops in the vicinity and as there is a public charger here I use that particular junction frequently.
Will mention this to the dealer of course, 3 times is twice too much.