Random pulses through steering wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
maccyj

Post by maccyj »

This isn’t easy to explain. In normal use, the activation of any controls on the steering wheel generates a pulse through the steering wheel with a quiet beep/noise. In my car on occasions I feel a succession of pulses/ beeps without any touching of controls. Any thoughts?

davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

Are you veering towards/over the dotted lines in the middle of the road with ACC enabled? Sometimes this happens to me when the lanes get narrow - the steering wheel reacts with a pulse and a slight turn away from 'danger'. It feels like a successive number of pulses (like when you press a steering wheel control) strung together for a second.
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It'll be lane assist with vibration mode on. I have mine turned off. I find it a useless system for anyone that pays attention to the road while driving. When you stray close to edges of lane lines, it will warn you, but anyone paying attention is doing so deliberately, e.g. to pass by a run of cars parked on the side of the road.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Cadwell

Post by Cadwell »

I turn mine off every trip, but has anyone yet found a way of turning it off permanently? As far as I am concerned its bloody dangerous!
Deleted User 1426

Post by Deleted User 1426 »

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Sounds like the Lane assist. I get it in my SEAT Ateca