fault messages, update messages and concerns - advice

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
woodentom

Post by woodentom »

hello

my ID3 is July bought, sub 2K miles and on the whole is great

recently i have been getting lane assist faults on the dashboard then adding a headsup alert fault meaning i could see some of the headsup........ today i had 3 faults in total

at the same time is says there is a software update. are the 2 linked like a phone where things don't work until this is done?

problem was i parked up, turned off the side lights (not sure why it asks that) and tried to get the download to happen. it would not

then when i plugged the car in (still using a 3pin plug lead at the mo) and the car unit went red not green and the dashboard said "unable to charge read the wallet"

after 5 mins, i got a message saying "system unable to update"...........but the charging did start

i am new to here and am sure there are similar messages but not impressed by these faults messages

suggestions?

1. how do i update the software? my phone is connected so maybe i need a better signal?
2. are the faults related to this?

thanks

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The front assist systems will remain disabled til part 1 of the update is installed.

Start the installation from the “goodbye” screen, you don’t need to be in a strong signal area, your battery should already be at 50% or more, don’t plug the car in to charge.
woodentom

Post by woodentom »

i saw the fault message again this morning

i went to the system information page and it advises there is a update. it advises the care must be off and then will start. i am parked but as there isn't an on/off button, when is the car techincally off? when parked and in N?

when i open the dorr to get out a different screen appears.......this mentions aircon, oneline status and also it says there is an update. i swipe it and it the 2install" button is not touchable and it states my side lights have to be off

i turn them off and nothing seems to happen

so i got out to go to my office.......there is nothing telling me there update is installing

so what am i missing here??

thanks
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

In order to receive the software update you will have had to Accept the update via an email that was sent to the registered email account for the car (We Connect account). This email explained all the 'Events' that would occur along with the update.
It might be wise to check back to that email as there may be other parts of the installation T&Cs you should be aware of.
There are also several threads on here already discussing the same issues you are reporting, so have a look at anything that mentions 2.3 Rollout.

But some basic info -
The car switches off when you get out (and lock it.)
As several modules are getting updated some items are unavailable, some things need to be switched off e.g. Lights. You need 50% battery or more and you can't charge whilst the update is happening.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

woodentom wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:11 am i saw the fault message again this morning

i went to the system information page and it advises there is a update. it advises the care must be off and then will start. i am parked but as there isn't an on/off button, when is the car techincally off? when parked and in N?

when i open the dorr to get out a different screen appears.......this mentions aircon, oneline status and also it says there is an update. i swipe it and it the 2install" button is not touchable and it states my side lights have to be off

so i got out to go to my office.......there is nothing telling me there update is installing

thanks

Once you press the P button on the end of the drive selector or the START/STOP button on the steering column, the car is off.

That's when you get the "goodbye" screen, from where you can start the update.

I had the sidelights issue you described the first time I tried to install part 1 (it was dark at the time), I tried again the next morning and it worked straight away.

You must press the button on screen to start the installation before you get out of the car and lock it - but don't plug it in to charge as the installation will not proceed, VW also state the battery should be at least 50% but many have had successful installations at less than 50%.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

woodentom wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:11 am i saw the fault message again this morning

thanks
I think I had to tap the lighting controls more than once to cycle them through to being switched off fully, but as soon as they were, the install button stopped being greyed out.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515