Car infotainment system shut down whilst driving

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
shaan200

Post by shaan200 »

Hi all

This has happened a few times now to me where my car infotainment system will completely shut down whilst driving, it also sometimes affects my driving features such as lane assist as it did today. The screen went completely black and only my display behind the steering wheel was working.

It lasted about 3 minutes before turning itself back on. I am concerned though, as I worry one day it may completely fail whilst driving. I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Just once in the original SW in Jan or Feb never since. Holding the power off down on the left hand side resets the infotainment screen. Does this happen within minutes of driving off or randomly?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

A couple of times with the original software also. Did the same reset thing. Hasn’t happened for a very long time.
shaan200

Post by shaan200 »

Daveion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:50 pm Just once in the original SW in Jan or Feb never since. Holding the power off down on the left hand side resets the infotainment screen. Does this happen within minutes of driving off or randomly?
Completely randomly, it's happened when driving, one time when I've been charging. Though with the charging one the whole car didn't work until I left it and went back in.

I've tried resetting the infotainment system and it's still a problem. And it also turned off lane assist as well when it happened this time
shaan200

Post by shaan200 »

I'll also add that I am on latest update, and it's been happened since I first got the car in May
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Random and before and after the SW update sounds like a component fault. Has it been in to the W/S?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
shaan200

Post by shaan200 »

Daveion wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:47 pm Random and before and after the SW update sounds like a component fault. Has it been in to the W/S?
It hasn't been in for a service. I am trying to get a hold of them but can't get ahold of a agent. I will try again tomorrow
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Its a pain. Mine went off on a really wet day and I couldn't get to the Climate Control and clear the windows. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
blenny

Post by blenny »

Had this and full shutdown, lock, unlock didn’t fix. No reverse cameras etc. Started again when got home.

Can VW remotely view logs and investigate? There must be a process to have this debugged and fixed.