Charging problems - Not starting

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:33 pm This thread polarises opinion without fail.
I come back to a basic principal as an BEV owner.
If you are near to a source, plug-it-in.
If it takes 60-90 seconds to do that its the thing to do even if its for 30 mins.
Its not about being free but if it is then all the better.
Takes longer than 90s to get the lead out of the boot, remove it from its cloth bag, uncool it, plug in both ends, get on the pod point app and register the connection on the app, and then unplug, coil that lead back up and get it in the bag, then in the boot. For a 20 min stop at Tescos, not worth the bother to me, far handier plugging in to the tethered charger at home.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Great. You do what you do and I'll do what I do. What I don't like on the forum is when it gets personal....and it often does.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I haven't been heating my cable, maybe that's where I am going wrong... ;)

I have used my Type 2 cable twice.. both times at Costco, once because it was all new and I thought I would try it. The only other time I bothered, I was using the Opticians there and knew I would be at least an hour, the round trip for me is about an hours charge worth at 7kW.. but most of the time I don't bother, the cable is neatly coiled into the gap with the tools and tyre inflator.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:31 pm I have used my Type 2 cable twice.. both times at Costco, once because it was all new and I thought I would try it. The only other time I bothered, I was using the Opticians there and knew I would be at least an hour, the round trip for me is about an hours charge worth at 7kW.. but most of the time I don't bother, the cable is neatly coiled into the gap with the tools and tyre inflator.

Mine is in the bag, gathering dust in my garage.

I've used it twice, just to test public charging, more than a year ago.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:33 pm I come back to a basic principal as an BEV owner.
If you are near to a source, plug-it-in.
Its not about being free but if it is then all the better.

I charge mine once maybe twice a week, my basic principle is whether I need to top up - not the supposed "ABC" that many seem to abide by.

I also consider whether I'm supposed to be using the charger or not. Seeing as I'm either using my home one or a public rapid which I'm paying for, the answer is always yes.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Just had exactly the same problem after 12 months of trouble free charging it messaged me charging problem try again
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw