Range changed to km

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Marky

Post by Marky »

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, but has anyone had any experience of their range on the drivers display suddenly changing to km? I’m not sure if I’ve managed to change it somehow, but they only thing I could think of is the units setting in the settings. Upon checking this mine still said miles, yet the range is km? When I first got in the car it said 151 miles. I drove somewhere to walk the dog, and when I got back in to drive home it came up in km and I cannot seem to change it?
Any advise/ideas greatly appreciated.

B83696A9-2A2D-4BAD-93AA-7850A71FC207.jpeg

ID.3 Style: Makena Turquoise: East Derry Wheels.

davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

In the WeConnect ID app on your phone, tap on 'Profile' (bottom-right icon), then tap on 'App Settings' & check the 'Units' (Distance) - is it set to 'Miles (mil)' or 'Kilometres (km)'?

If Km, tap on it and select Miles instead.
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
rwh202

Post by rwh202 »

Ours will occasionally display in km - not identified a definite pattern, but normally after one of the frequent front assist / acc 'unavailable' warnings - after such an alert, the display sometimes comes back in km.
It will usually revert to miles on the next start - only once have we made the mistake of seeing '150' on the display and thinking 'no problem, it's only 100 miles there and back' to later realise it was 150 km...
ID.3 Business - Moonstone
Marky

Post by Marky »

davidwalton wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 pm In the WeConnect ID app on your phone, tap on 'Profile' (bottom-right icon), then tap on 'App Settings' & check the 'Units' (Distance) - is it set to 'Miles (mil)' or 'Kilometres (km)'?

Thanks, I double checked and the app was set to miles. My wife took the car this evening and rang me to say it’s back to miles again. I guess a glitch in the software 🤷‍♂️
Marky

Post by Marky »

rwh202 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:07 am Ours will occasionally display in km - not identified a definite pattern, but normally after one of the frequent front assist / acc 'unavailable' warnings - after such an alert, the display sometimes comes back in km.
It will usually revert to miles on the next start - only once have we made the mistake of seeing '150' on the display and thinking 'no problem, it's only 100 miles there and back' to later realise it was 150 km...
Interesting, I don’t recall any of the error messages - though we have had those pop up before - but my wife took the car tonight and rang to say it’s back to miles again. Must have some software error that makes it happen when one of the assist system fails maybe. I’ll chalk it up as yet another software issue. Hopefully we won’t get caught out thinking the range is fine when it’s actually km! Thanks for letting me know.
davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

Marky wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:29 pm
davidwalton wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 pm In the WeConnect ID app on your phone, tap on 'Profile' (bottom-right icon), then tap on 'App Settings' & check the 'Units' (Distance) - is it set to 'Miles (mil)' or 'Kilometres (km)'?

Thanks, I double checked and the app was set to miles. My wife took the car this evening and rang me to say it’s back to miles again. I guess a glitch in the software 🤷‍♂️
It makes you wonder if accessing the app forces a re-sync of car data with the app (aka: car goes off on one, then user opens app and car gets corrected by the settings in the app...)
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

davidwalton wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:40 pm
Marky wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:29 pm

It makes you wonder if accessing the app forces a re-sync of car data with the app (aka: car goes off on one, then user opens app and car gets corrected by the settings in the app...)
I'd like to hope that the car is the primary in this situation not the app. The communication is via VW Servers anyway there's no direct communication betwixt car and phone so, whatever is driving whichever, it will be synchronised via the server.
the2normans

Post by the2normans »

Our problem is in the app. We want it displaying range in miles; in settings it says it’s in miles but … it is still displaying in km! How can this be rectified, preferably without reloading the app. The car IS displaying in miles.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

I wonder how long it will be until we can eliminate these problems by switching to driving in km and km/h. It seems completely insane we still have not swapped, only been "doing it" since the 60s
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

the2normans wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:41 pm Our problem is in the app. We want it displaying range in miles; in settings it says it’s in miles but … it is still displaying in km! How can this be rectified, preferably without reloading the app. The car IS displaying in miles.
Does it sdisplay km constantly?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Fixed in the latest version of the app. At least it is for me.
SomeIrishGuy

Post by SomeIrishGuy »

It’s not been fixed yet for me. Any body else still having the issue?
Leroy McMinn

Post by Leroy McMinn »

I have the same problem. Got used to miles already. Converted here as a begginer: https://oneconvert.com/unit-converters/ ... iles-to-km
Good luck with solving the issue. Let me know if you manage it.