WeCharge update is stuck/uncompleted for more than 1 week

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

Hello.

I currently have the following version:

ID.Software: 2.3.0
Software: 0910

I received a notification for updating the software, that I agreed on, so it was started. This happened more than 1 week ago.
At the beginning a blue bar was indicating the progress, but that blue bar reached the end that normally indicates that something reached the end, but in this case nothing happened and the updated was not completed although I have more than 10 driving hours after it started.
Any ideia to reset the update and try again?
I have uploaded a video. The content is in Portuguese, but my comments in English. Anyway it basically says "updating..."

On the title I wrote update to version 2.4 because of others posts. I have no ideia of the version number where I am in. For me is 0910 or it is 2.3.0 ?! (why version 2.3.0 and 0910) I guess things are made to be complicated.

Last edited by ID3FARO on Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The update to 2.4 is done by your VW Dealer, it's NOT an OTA update.
The update you have seen is likely to be for the in car 'We Charge' app which people have had issues with but it should complete eventually.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2262
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

Thank you for your reply. Lets see then when the update finishes.
Are the car owners being contacted to do the update for the 2.4 or it is something that we must contact the dealer?
Averloc

Post by Averloc »

Both - some people are being contacted and others are booking the car in via the VW online service page. The We Charge update looked like it was hanging for me as well but was loaded when I checked the following day.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I suggest you edit the title of this because it is simply incorrect.
It will be the WeCharge app update. Which is frustratingly clunky but will sort itself out.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
ID3FARO

Post by ID3FARO »

Yes, you are right, I have updated the title, I was unaware.

As a side note the WeCarge update is still not completed.
The VW guys have really lot to learn about software.