Is it me?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
NeilDA

Post by NeilDA »

I have had our ID.3 for exactly a month and while I appreciate that I was well aware that there was to be a large software patch I don't think there was ready for the hardware design shortcomings of this car. The unlit infotainment screen panel is such a basic omission from a legacy car maker, after all they've designed cars before and put lights in switches before, why are they allowed to sell something (remember in no way can this be described as a cheap car!) that has such glaring issues. VW also decided not to include a jack and wheel brace because they fitted self sealing tyres, well that didn't help me in the slightest when I came out one morning to a flat tyre and no way to get it off to take it to a tyre shop. Very, very frustrating!

VW can be forgiven for some issues, after all they have designed a software focused EV from the ground up, but the most basic of things such as lighting a switch or touch panel at night is what they've been doing for years and years.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

As I mentioned above the unlit strip is the same in the latest Golf - so it's not an ID3-specific thing, I agree it should be lit (in both models)