Software update (bug fixes)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

I have had the airbag warning light on since Saturday, so I booked my car in for investigation - due in tomorrow. Since then VW have stated on the First Movers Facebook page that there is an initial software patch available this week to fix several bugs, including this one. I have just called my dealer, and they confirmed they received the update yesterday and will be applying the update to my car tomorrow.

PCR100

Post by PCR100 »

Thanks - we had the airbag warning light on for a little while yesterday - I'll call my dealer
jsp

Post by jsp »

I thought the point was that you didn’t need to go to a dealer to perform a software update?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I had the airbag warning yesterday too - first and only time.

I understand updates need to be done at the dealer until the big January release which among other things is supposed to enable over the air updates (and squish the other known bugs hopefully!)
lm7693

Post by lm7693 »

I have also had the airbag warning light problem - it has been on continuously since the weekend. I contacted the dealer on Monday and was told it was a known issue and they were expecting a fix, but couldn't say when.
ID. 3 1st Edition v3.2 Sept 2020
ID. 4 1st Edition v3.2 April 2021
VW ID. Charger Pro
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

@Rhevian Can you give me any info about the update or who your dealer is. My dealer so far claims to know nothing about the update, which is very frustrating. I'd love to point him at a dealer who does know something and then maybe I can get the update too.
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

Since the airbag warning first appeared last week, it always reappeared when starting the car.

My dealer is Vindis group, Cambridge branch. https://vindisgroup.com/dealers/vindis- ... ice-centre

They did not complete the update on Friday, and they still have the car over the weekend - they expect to be finished on Tuesday! In the meantime, I have a Tiguan as a replacement.
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

I have my car back, the software has been updated from v0564 to v0570 (display is still on 3074, nav was 20.7, now 20.9, codec 3.1.4, radio 1.30.19)
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

They sent me the standard “vehicle health check” report - it’s good to see that the cambelt change is not due 😉
JulianM

Post by JulianM »

Hi can you tell me how you know what Software the car is using and where can I find the information on my car Thanks
Deleted User 192

In the infotainment system:

Settings
System information
Software
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Hi @JulianM - go to settings and choose ‘System information’ - that then shows you the software and hardware versions. Mine is still on 0564
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Mine too is 0564 - despite the dealer stating it was running the latest release. In fairness, may be they are only installing later versions on demand.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Deleted User 192

I understand 0570 is a patch which is only being installed on vehicles suffering from specific faults
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Car has now been with the dealers for four days. First software upgrade didn't seem to work so VW have sent an SD card!!! Not so much Over The Air as Through The Post ;) My vain hope is that this might be the full upgrade??? We'll wait and see :lol:
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

I too have had the airbag warning for a few days however never have I cared so little - love the car and appreciate that the car was rushed - they will make it right 👍

Reeeeeeeally missing car play! However I will also really miss the dash lights with turn animations - #firstworldproblems 😂
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

NorwichComputersAndy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 pm I too have had the airbag warning for a few days however never have I cared so little - love the car and appreciate that the car was rushed - they will make it right 👍

Reeeeeeeally missing car play! However I will also really miss the dash lights with turn animations - #firstworldproblems 😂
My airbag light came on today but went off again soon after, like you, I can't be bothered to take it back. Volkswagen will sort with the update I'm sure, so for now I will just enjoy it and suffer the lack of carplay :-(
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

Ah I caved. My airbag light stayed on for a week. Tried a few things found online including pulling 12v battery with no joy.

I took it to the dealer and they have tried reprogramming the airbag module in the roof however it wasn’t successful. ( or they bricked it!!)

New module being fitted tomorrow so fingers crossed 🤞
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

OK - so VW had the car for four days to update the software to 0570 and yesterday the alarm went off - obviously their bug fix didn't catch that one... I suppose I'll have to hand the car in for another week. Maybe get the promised major upgrade???
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Does anyone know why it takes four days to do a software update? Are they using paper tape and a teletype connected over a serial port? ;)

I hope the over-the-air software update feature due soon doesn’t immobilise my car for four days when it does an upgrade!