Stuck in Offline Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

My WeConnect app ‘reset’ and required me logging in again (took three attempts) between 1:30 and 2:30 today…

karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Do you think this is related to the car itself being stuck in offline mode?
ID.4 1st Edition
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

If the emergency contact button shows green then the eSim is working however the car has probably lost connection with the server. There seems to be a lot of server issues recently. 'We Connect' sent me the instructions to reconnect, you need to follow the sequence as described. I've copied the instructions below, they advised me to keep them in case of further server dropouts. It worked for me, however I did it the day after I contacted We Connect, I believe the server had come back online. We Connect seem keen to help, I'd email them via the app if the fault continues.
Good luck

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
We regret to hear that you have been facing an issue with the connection of the car. However, we will do everything possible to assist you.

Please try the following:
Turn on the offline mode.
Wait 5 minutes.
Turn it on.
Do a soft reset by holding down the power button on the infotainment for 20 seconds.
Uninstall your app.
restart your phone.
Install it again.

If all the above don't solve the issue.We would like from you some extra information in order to determine the issue.

Please provide us with the following:

Screenshots of any error message(s) with timestamp.
Your software Version (Settings-> System Information)
The display of the globe symbol (is it crossed out, bright white,Grey etc).

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation and efforts.

We remain at you disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 0800-279 7508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number found in the subject of this email for a quick follow-up
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Cheers Rob.

My car was stuck in Offline mode, pressing the offline mode button via the pulldown menu, via settings or by pressing the (greyed out) data/signal icon just resulted in “This function is currently unavailable. Please try again later.” (See attachments).

As soon as that issue was resolved and I had 4G back via the eSIM, my WeConnect ID. app functioned as expected again; I didn’t have to uninstall or reconfigure the app or phone.

The status of the remote application *should* have no bearing on the vehicle’s ability to connect with the data network.

I’ll update here if my dealer finds anything in the logs when it goes in on Monday 👍

090A27F7-8872-4578-B43B-01DD6E725065.jpeg

8D5D8321-237D-4AB4-8DC5-30470C3087BA.jpeg

AC2FE351-2204-4E65-98B8-1BEA60232669.jpeg

8FDB7667-3236-44DD-AB0D-49D7F6CAED2F.jpeg

ID.4 1st Edition
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Thanks Karlwolley. It'll be good to get the feedback. I'm now of the view that if I go off line again it's likely to be the server. I'll give it time before considering a car issue.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Tried robgarth method, no joy so its off to the dealers again
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

Mines has just started doing this last night and today has been fine since I took delivery early June? I wonder if it’s more a network issue rather than the car, I’ll wait until Monday and see how it is then?
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Hi all, just got mine back from the dealer. They said a software update was applied (to fix the airbag error) but I am still on 2.1.

The offline mode issue for me was 100% localised issue with the vehicle itself, resetting the hardware for the related components in the vehicle brought it out of offline mode instantly.
ID.4 1st Edition
Gr4ndp4

Post by Gr4ndp4 »

Just had this problem this morning (it was fine overnight charging) Read this & tried Robgarth's method, it reconnected before I could delete the app on my phone so all good (at the moment) My 4G signal has been three bars throughout.
Cheers
ID.3 Tech Pro in Scale Silver with East Derry 18" wheels
Dan1542

Post by Dan1542 »

Ive been having this issue for the last few days also I thought it may have been some sort of setting that I have touched. Is this a common issue which has to be returned to dealer?

share.octopus.energy/mint-shale-24
JonComer

Post by JonComer »

I had an issue a several weeks back whereby the car went offline and I couldn't connect to anything - either from within the car or using the app to connect to the car. After a day or so it all came back to life, so no issues there then.

It happened again a few days ago, but this time I can't get it to do anything. I followed the instructions in the post above but no joy. Tried removing fuse 19 - no difference. Did a factory reset, but at first it wouldn't let me do the actual factory reset becuase it wasn't connected to WeConnect, but then it continued and did actually do a factory reset. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Tried to log back in but it wouldn't let me. Tried to do a password reset but it wouldn't let me - got the message 'something went wrong'.

I then created a new account and had to input the VIN number again. It then asked me to go into the WeConnect settings in the car and scan the QR code that would be generated. But....it wouldn't generate a QR code. I kept getting message 'Something went wrong, try again later'.

I've come to the conclusion that a 5 year old must have written the software for this car. As a software engineer myself, going through the process time and time again and seeing the issues arise, it's clearly sub-standard and I'm surprised that it's been released on the general public in its current state.

WeConnect error.jpg

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I’ve had this one and it corrected itself after 3 days without connection, I didn’t do anything to it.

The QR enrolment problem I have also experienced but in a place of really naff reception.
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

yummymummy11 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:12 pm Mines has just started doing this last night and today has been fine since I took delivery early June? I wonder if it’s more a network issue rather than the car, I’ll wait until Monday and see how it is then?
Further update my car was doing the same Friday through until Wednesday, tried the reset on the infotainment - no joy. The SOS light was still green, made contact with VW via the we connect app on my phone Wednesday evening, they got back to me overnight with what to do and low and behold it connected first thing this morning no problem, not sure if they had done anything there end to make it work?

But all good now 👍🏻

Went to my VW dealer about it on the Saturday and they looked at me blankly when I described the problem 😔
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Glad it’s working!
Caterham

Post by Caterham »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:36 am The fuse removal trick got the car back online but the app won't connect to it , I've deleted and reinstalled the app but no joy , any ideas have also done a soft reset with no joy
Hi, I had the same; after replacing the fuse, the car went back online. Then had to go to Settings, & ‘Connect WeGo’; scan the new QR code & the App will re-connect.
BrEEdAA

Post by BrEEdAA »

Happened to me today also, fuse 19 trick sorted it.

I’ve been getting notifications for a week or so about data volume been used up, assume this is the free 1gb data plan I signed up to for streaming etc.

Not sure if it’s related or not
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

So 6 months and 3500 miles I got in the car today and "Loading connection status" screen followed by (eventually) "Unable to load connection status" .. Green SOS light but so far nothing has rectified the issue. I might try the Fuse 19 option tomorrow morning. Meanwhile whilst looking in the fusebox I see a strange Yellow tag as shown in this thread..

https://www.speakev.com/threads/glove-b ... er.157345/ there's no response to the question in that thread, anyone got any ideas?

edit: Still don't know wat the yellow tag is for but pulling fuse 19 fixed the connection.
B737

Post by B737 »

Just sharing with those who have had trouble with being on Offline mode.

I collected my new ID.3 and within 24 hours went offline. Waited 3 days before it came back Online by itself. It all worked well until going back to Offline mode a few days later.

Haven't tried the Fuse 19 trick yet as I wish to give VW an opportunity to learn that many may be experiencing this issue and therefore a resolution may help not only myself but others too. I have exchanged a few emails with VW and will share their final solution here so others may also benefit.
VW ID.3 Max Pro Performance - Manganese Grey
B737

Post by B737 »

As an update to my above post, VW have finally responded with a solution which they have sent to my local dealer to act upon. The dealer has been given instructions to run a diagnostic, disconnect the battery and various other steps to resolve the issue. It's now a waiting game to hear when the dealer can book me in. But I'm now more inclined than before to try the Fuse 19 trick as I do not trust my dealer who are very prone to deflecting issues.
VW ID.3 Max Pro Performance - Manganese Grey
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

So far in almost 8000 miles and now coming up to 12 months, just had the offline mode issue once, which was quite recently. I did the fuse 19 trick and the signal came back immediately.
One thing is not to switch the car on while you do it as that can cause other warnings to come on (air bag?), so ensure you just approach from the passenger side for RHD cars.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/