Stuck in Offline Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
lbevanger

Post by lbevanger »

I picked up my 1st Edition two days ago, updated by dealer to 2.1. The car is stuck in offline mode as described by others in this thread. I have called the dealership and am waiting for them to get back to me, in the meantime I'm trying to figure out what is going on. I have tried a factory reset and a reboot to no avail. Also I cannot find a fuse 19? All kinds of other numbers but 19 is missing. Anyone else have this issue?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

lbevanger wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:10 am I picked up my 1st Edition two days ago, updated by dealer to 2.1. The car is stuck in offline mode as described by others in this thread. I have called the dealership and am waiting for them to get back to me, in the meantime I'm trying to figure out what is going on. I have tried a factory reset and a reboot to no avail. Also I cannot find a fuse 19? All kinds of other numbers but 19 is missing. Anyone else have this issue?

Don't take this the wrong way, but fuse position 19 is between 18 and 20 ;-)

It's about half-way down the second column of the regular-sized ones.
lbevanger

Post by lbevanger »

Aha! I thought the number referred to the actual numbers on the fuses, but that's the amps of course. Right – back to the fuse box!
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

Here's an image of the fuse layout (its the one in the glove box). Apparently the fuse box under the bonnet also includes some tweezers.

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 19.29.14.png

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Karen66

Post by Karen66 »

VW ID3 1st Edition delivered in January ... was happily online and connected till now but that connection dropped a couple of days ago and is now stuck in offline mode. Looks like I need to book it in!
Does anyone know when the next software update is due or were told the same -> Dealers said they updated the software on my ID3 pre-delivery and that the next update is a another big one requiring return to service dept but thereafter all subsequent updates will be smaller and happen via the online connection.??
Deleted User 192

Karen66 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:29 pm Does anyone know when the next software update is due or were told the same -> Dealers said they updated the software on my ID3 pre-delivery and that the next update is a another big one requiring return to service dept but thereafter all subsequent updates will be smaller and happen via the online connection.??

Based on the timings and statements, your car needs updating to the 2.1 software, the rollout of that started in March and you should contact your dealer.

It is a “return to base” update, but enables the capability for future updates to be delivered online.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

Just to add to what scott28tt said, go to the System information screen, (if I remember correctly, go to the Home screen, then Settings). If the software version is NOT 0792, then you definitely need to have it updated. Be prepared to be without your car for a couple of days, although hopefully the dealer will provide you with another ID.3 for the duration.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Karen66

Post by Karen66 »

scott28tt and hungerdunger ... Thanks for your help, Software still on v. 0783 so will get her booked in for the update.
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

Any idea how to fix if ID 3 stuck on offline mode, it was working fine and today when I turned it on and noticed that the globe is greyed out when I tried turning off offline mode I am getting an error "function unavailable please try again later", my software was updated when I picked my ID3 last week from the dealer. Tried doing a factory reset but then getting an error to turn off offline mode.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Makena Turquoise, ID Software:
Deleted User 192

VWID3-1st wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 am Any idea how to fix if ID 3 stuck on offline mode, it was working fine and today when I turned it on and noticed that the globe is greyed out when I tried turning off offline mode I am getting an error "function unavailable please try again later", my software was updated when I picked my ID3 last week from the dealer. Tried doing a factory reset but then getting an error to turn off offline mode.

What colour is the SOS light in the centre area in the roof - red or green?
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

Hello , the SOS light is green.
Deleted User 192

VWID3-1st wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:50 am Hello , the SOS light is green.

So that at least means the comms module has a signal.
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

scott28tt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:32 pm
VWID3-1st wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:50 am Hello , the SOS light is green.

So that at least means the comms module has a signal.
I manage to fix it , this what I did- turned off the car , removed F19 fuse for 10 mins plugged it back and done the factory reset. All working fine now :D Thanks
Deleted User 192

VWID3-1st wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:57 am I manage to fix it , this what I did- turned off the car , removed F19 fuse for 10 mins plugged it back and done the factory reset. All working fine now :D Thanks

I had to do that once, glad you’re all sorted.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

The removing the fuse fix worked for me, but it is a bit ridiculous if this has to be done regularly. How often does this happen? Is there a permanent fix?

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Makena Turquoise, Software version: 0792 aka 2.1
Deleted User 192

Ricky wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:13 am The removing the fuse fix worked for me, but it is a bit ridiculous if this has to be done regularly. How often does this happen? Is there a permanent fix?

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Makena Turquoise, Software version: 0792 aka 2.1

If you have to do it more than once I would report it to your dealer.
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Morning.

I am a relatively new ID.4 owner and my 1st edition has just started doing this. Happy to try the F19 trick, but before I do, does anyone know if the fuse configuration is the same on ID.3 & 4?

Cheers
ID.4 1st Edition
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The fuse removal trick got the car back online but the app won't connect to it , I've deleted and reinstalled the app but no joy , any ideas have also done a soft reset with no joy
Last edited by Bromsgroveuser on Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Duplicate post removed
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Deleted User 192

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:36 am The fuse removal trick got the abs back online but the app won't connect to it , I've deleted and reinstalled the app but no joy , any ideas have also done a soft reset with no joy

App seems to be playing up for some in the UK group on Facebook.