Alarm goes off at random

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Ngauge wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:24 am I looked at disabling the interior monitoring sustem but understand it reactivates when the car is locked again

I was advised by dealer to do this temporarily before it went into the workshop, you have to do it each time you leave the car on the "Goodbye" menu.

hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Ngauge wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:24 am Sty-evs thank you for your comments. Unfortunately it is key less but the fob etc is stored in an Rfid wallett away from the car. I have a conference call with local dealer management tomorrow and will raise the sensitivity issue. I looked at disabling the interior monitoring sustem but understand it reactivates when the car is locked again! Not sure if anyone from VW Germany is fully investigating the problem as it does appear to be a common fault.
Just a thought – might it be electromagnetic interference? Do you live near pylons, mobile phone mast, navigation radar, electric fence, amateur radio aerial, etc? Does the alarm get triggered just as often if you park elsewhere?
Ngauge

Post by Ngauge »

No known interference as you suggest and no problems with my Tiguan or neighbours VW!
russbaum

Post by russbaum »

My ID3 Family has been at the dealership for over 2 weeks and they have finally given up trying to fix the alarm issue. They have just told me VW have promised a fix is being developed but they can't say when.

The dealer has offered to leave the courtesy car with me but for how long ?
I am minded to try and return the car completely and get my money back but I suspect I don't have the stomach for that fight.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

After several months with no alarm issues, it has gone off twice in the last three nights - at around 05:00 :evil:

But looking back over this thread, it seems that there is no fix in sight... :(
brianpat

Post by brianpat »

Hi

My id3 alarm went off after using it for 3 weeks. The software was updated to 0792. Anyone knows what is the latest software upgrade? Any fix by dealership so far?
Stevep55

Post by Stevep55 »

I had a similar problem and found it was related to the boot catch although it shut ok there was a plastic bag handle slightly caught in the catch. I also noticed that the ‘random’ alarms were also occurring consistently every ~190 mins soo I suspect there is a reset timer in the software code somewhere. So try closing the boot more firmly and check for any minor obstructions in the catch.
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

I had a problem with the alarm on my id3 going off at random although invariably in the middle of the night - 9 times. The dealer investigated and found it was a fault with the incline (or inclination) sensor. The sensor was replaced and the problem seems to have been fixed. Car only 7 months old and it's the second time it's been in for repair.
nigevan

Post by nigevan »

My id3 alarm has started going off at random. Happened today while driving. No warning lights or messages on the screen, just a loud continuous horn sound. Anyone know how to stop it??
Jel

Post by Jel »

The alarm on mine sometimes goes off when I get close to the car. Its happened 3 times over the last 3 months of so.
Deleted User 192

Jel wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:42 pm The alarm on mine sometimes goes off when I get close to the car. Its happened 3 times over the last 3 months of so.

Used to happen sometimes with mine, when the car woke up. Reported it to my dealer when was going in for updates, never happened since.
BobbyG

Post by BobbyG »

Happened to me last night with my month old ID.3. Alarm went off four times in the night. In desperation and bleary eyed, I consulted this very helpful forum for ideas. Thanks for the tip on interior monitoring. I eventually found the culprit was a moth fluttering around inside the car, activating the obviously sensitive interior monitoring. Squashing the moth and turning off interior monitoring (on Goodbye screen) seems to have done the trick. At least for last night….
King

Post by King »

Just to add to the alarm story: mine went off at 5:00am today with the alarm turned off but with it plugged into the charge point. I can find no evidence of moths, cats or even foxes. Used the remote key-fob from inside the house to OPEN and it stops the alarm. How annoying!
Stonewashed Blue - Life Pro Performance.
September 2021
Solwayboy

Post by Solwayboy »

Try closing all vents. When it’s gusty open vents will set off the alarm!
King

Post by King »

I have tried turning the alarm off using the option on the GOODBY screen but it doesn’t seem to work - little red lights still blinks and the alarm still comes on at random times. Today I’m trying the double click on the lock-door from the key-fob. This obviously can’t be a permanent solution as it would indicate that the car wasn’t alarmed.
I expect the key-fob is explained somewhere in the owners manual but I haven’t found it yet.
September 2021
Deleted User 192

King wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:50 pm I have tried turning the alarm off using the option on the GOODBY screen but it doesn’t seem to work - little red lights still blinks and the alarm still comes on at random times. Today I’m trying the double click on the lock-door from the key-fob. This obviously can’t be a permanent solution as it would indicate that the car wasn’t alarmed.
I expect the key-fob is explained somewhere in the owners manual but I haven’t found it yet.

The option for “interior monitoring”?

That’s part of the alarm system, but not all of it.

The most common cause is the boot not being closed properly, if I was certain it wasn’t that I would be reporting it to my dealer.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Happened to me once, it was the boot.
King

Post by King »

It seems the boot is the answer; I have an EOS and it is recommended not to slam the boot so I’m gentle with me boot.
Today I took a look at the passenger door and there is a little white round piece of plastic which can be turned with a screwdriver. It will turn easily but I could ascertain what it does. I was lead to believe this might disarm the alarm but the little red lights still flash. Comments welcome.
September 2021
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

King wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:41 pm Today I took a look at the passenger door and there is a little white round piece of plastic which can be turned with a screwdriver. It will turn easily but I could ascertain what it does. I was lead to believe this might disarm the alarm but the little red lights still flash. Comments welcome.

I can't say for certain as I haven't had my vehicle delivered yet, but I'd expect this is to child lock the door so the door can't be opened from the inside and if so it'll have nothing to do with the alarm. The ID.3 has ISOFIX fixings on the passenger seat, so it would make sense to me to be able to child-proof the front door in a similar manner as the rear doors.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
King

Post by King »

Utumno
You’re probably correct. I still can find a way of dis-arming the car. If you travel across the channel you are requested to turn off the alarm on the ferry. The GOODBYE screen option doesn’t do it and I read somewhere that there was a key option in the passenger door. On my EOS there is a switch below the door pull !
September 2021