Fast Charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
markmartynski

Post by markmartynski »

Tried to 'fast' charge twice and car failed to charge quickly at fast chargers.
The first time, the car was giving an estimate of two and three quarter hours to charge to 80%.
The second time (at a different fast charger), we had an estimate of around 30 minutes to get to 80%, came back to the car after that time and the car had charged by only around 10%.
Has anyone managed to successfully charge their car within a reasonable time at a fast charger?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Was the charger a “fast” 7 or 22 or a “rapid” 50 or 100?

What connector were you using? (Type 2 or CCS)

Which network/supplier?
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

i did my first fast charge last week using CSS 50Kw using my "We charge card" on the RFID option on Osprey network.

It took around 30 mins - Second time successful when I closed and locked the car up !
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Anything at 43kW or above is classed as "rapid" rather than "fast" - hence my questions to Mark.

Good to hear another report of the We Charge Card working at an Osprey charger, I have one close by and will need to burn through that £500 credit somehow... :-)
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Yes same here I need to use the We charge card somehow . The rapid charger I used is 12 miles in each direction..... But it was on route on this occasion.

Come on Ionity - open some more in the midlands !
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926