Sat nav freeze

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

we are getting a sat nav freeze and a audible click on the speakers when it happens. It seems to come back to life a few moment later. Just wondering if anyone else is having this error? Also had an sos emergency error, whatever that means?

Coopear

Post by Coopear »

I had all those symptoms (along with a couple of others...)
I got the car back on Friday with the sw patched to level 0570 and so far the satnav has behaved. Saying that I haven’t actually been anywhere new where I’ve needed to navigate yet, but the map screen has been on display.
NeilDA

Post by NeilDA »

I have also experienced this popping and SatNav freeze but it only happened on one day but on multiple occasions on that day. As an aside the weather was very wet that day and I wonder if there could be a water ingress issue? I have just posted a full list of the issues I have experienced in the past 4 weeks.
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Thank, good to know it’s not just ours. Hopefully it will get a fix. Perhaps we need the softy update ASAP. It would be interesting to know if any one is getting on the 570 update.
M100

Post by M100 »

I have this problem too, and have posted before regarding it. The car is about to have a new controller fitted which should hopefully sort the satnav, the SOS and the e-sim signal, all of which freeze or go offline when driving in heavily built up areas, although curiously not in the country. Note that it has taken nearly a month to get the new part via Germany and is expected at Citigate Little Chalfont at the end of the week. Hopefully VW have ordered a large number of these (they aren’t made in Germany apparently). I just hope it sorts the problem.
OJF

Post by OJF »

I've had exactly the same - sat nav works for the first 10 mins, then the "popping" happens, it sounds like one of the speakers has conked out, and then the sat nav freezes. When I next started the car later that day, I opted for Offline mode on the opening screen, and that seems to have done the trick. I still want to book in for the problem to be checked out / software upgraded, but if your main concern is getting the sat nav to work - offline mode seems to do it
metricman

Post by metricman »

I agree with OjF that offline mode does seem to cure navigation freeze, moving on I have changed the units to read world standard km instead of our medieval miles. (keeping mph for road speed), this has other benefits now “Digital Doris” gives her navigation announcements using world standard metres complete with a metric map, this is good news as we have been taught the metric system since the early 1970’s.
M100

Post by M100 »

Presumably offline mode means that you don’t get traffic news. Only half a solution.......