Key not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
JTID3

Post by JTID3 »

Hi,

Just picked up my ID3 on Tuesday and overall really enjoying it. However, this afternoon after a drive I got out of the car and pressed the key fob to lock it, but it didn’t work. Ended up having to fetch my other key which was working fine. Since then the car will not recognise the key at all.

I’ve booked the car in to my local dealer but in the meantime does anyone have experience of this fault and is there something I may have done to cause this to happen?

Thanks in advance :)

Coopear

Post by Coopear »

I’ve not had any problems with the key fob operation, some weirdities with central locking generally. It sounds like it could be a failure of the fob itself but maybe worth looking at the locking options in the vehicle menu?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Pop the key in the front-centre cup holder and leave it there for a while - that’s supposed to resync the key with the car.
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

JTID3 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:28 pm Hi,

Just picked up my ID3 on Tuesday and overall really enjoying it. However, this afternoon after a drive I got out of the car and pressed the key fob to lock it, but it didn’t work. Ended up having to fetch my other key which was working fine. Since then the car will not recognise the key at all.

I’ve booked the car in to my local dealer but in the meantime does anyone have experience of this fault and is there something I may have done to cause this to happen?

Thanks in advance :)
Not this but have had to press the button to unlock a handful of times (as proximity didn’t work)

However this morning - unlocked as usual - key not detected warning on dash - sat in car, locked, unlocked - same thing.

Then said restriction in master brake cylinder!

Locked and unlocked again and all worked!

The only change was setting car to warm up with the app 10 minutes prior however I have done this before without issue.

Just another quirk and I think brake message was me putting foot on peddle a few times trying to get going!

Good luck with the key!
JTID3

Post by JTID3 »

Thanks everyone for the replies. The key's still non responsive after much messing around. Booked in for Monday so hopefully the dealer can sort it out quickly