New mph/kph issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I am familiar with the mph/kph issue when the exceeding the speed limit warning is turned on. But I experienced a new version of this today when using the adaptive cruise control. Previously I had commented in this forum about the adaptive cruise control attempting to automatically speed up the car to 60mph when leaving a 40mph speed zone having displayed a message about detecting a 60mph speed limit. It has always done this until today when it displayed the same message (detected 60mph) but proceeded to slow the car down to 37 mph (i.e. 60kph) and showed 37 in the ACC screen. It did it again later when the speed limit of the road went from 40mph to 50mph – the car tried to slow down to 31mph (i.e. 50kph) and displayed 31 in the ACC screen. I have yet to find out whether this will revert to normal behaviour next time I drive the car.

This is such buggy software.....

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I had this for the first time last weekend, and mine is on the 0570 software. I’ve reported it to the dealer and they have me booked in for 2.0 in early January.
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

And another one. Picked up the car on 23rd so was busy over Christmas. I took the car out yesterday and got the same problem, slowing down to 37 in 50mph zone as described above. I’ll be at the dealers tomorrow. Also delivered with 0564 software despite me asking for updates prior to picking it up.
Last edited by Kelloggs on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

hwhbev wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:59 pm I have yet to find out whether this will revert to normal behaviour next time I drive the car.

This is such buggy software.....

It did return to normal behaviour next time I drove the car, i.e. it did not confuse mph for kph.

I raised this issue along with a myriad of other issues with VW UK and got a call a few days later from my local dealer offering to do a software upgrade to 2.0 on 5th January. I'll be curious to see what is fixed.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

hwhbev wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:52 am
I raised this issue along with a myriad of other issues with VW UK and got a call a few days later from my local dealer offering to do a software upgrade to 2.0 on 5th January. I'll be curious to see what is fixed.
The word is that this is not fixed in 2.0. I am still on 0564 so not able to verify but have experienced the full range of oddities with the miles/kms confusion.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
M100

Post by M100 »

It is not fixed after the 2.0 upgrade. I have just experienced this.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

It is not a pleasant experience. Let’s hope 2.1 fixes it. But I am not holding my breath....
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

My 0783 version car is still misbehaving too - I turned the speed warnings on last night as a test and was moaned at every time I got to 19mph in a 30 zone.

The workshop at my dealer told me yesterday that VW have asked them for a written report of the issue, as it was something I logged with the dealer previously.

I do know it has been reported with photos and videos in the First Movers group which VW run, so they cannot claim that they aren’t aware of it.

It remains to be seen if 2.1 will include a fix - at this late stage so close to the rollout I’m personally doubtful...
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I have reported this to my dealer as an outstanding fault following the 2.0 upgrade, and also my customer care representative at VW UK.