12vollt Battery Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

Evening All.

My 12volt battery went flat, I've charged it up but the car still has loads of faults. I've taken it for a drive but faults remain and no heater system :-( It won't let me access "climate" menu and heated seat buttons are not displayed on screen.

Is there any point calling VW Assist? Do you have any diagnostic equipment?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

That’s what I would be doing in your shoes.
SteveAdamek

Post by SteveAdamek »

I’ve had this following a recently purchase of ID3.
I had a software upgrade a few weeks ago and it occurred yesterday. Keys wouldn’t work and car wouldn’t start.
Car back with VW garage yesterday.
Has anyone had a successful fix for this issue?
Deleted User 192

My turn for the 12V issue - car completely dead on my drive! Now waiting for the AA via VW Roadside Assistance

I got a 12V warning yesterday but everything started and worked as normal, I was then driving around for about an hour and popped out again last night with no more warnings.

Went to get in it now, the mirrors didn’t drop and there’s nothing at all on any display. It won’t even lock now.

Oh what fun.
Deleted User 192

Well by some miracle (and me heeding the advice of the AA man) my car is alive again, with no warnings or errors.

I’ve done 3 cycles now of leaving the car “started” with my Pod Point plugged in - after the first cycle I still had a 12V warning but after the second cycle everything was as normal, I did a third this morning just to be sure.

I’ve been for a drive, deliberately using the heated stuff to trigger a boost to the 12V - no problems and now all locked up til this evening.

Fingers crossed I have no repeats, at least I have a workaround til the 2.0 software goes onto the car - unless the 12V dies again!
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

I've stopped using the timed pre heating, were you using this?

I charged my battery up, still had loads of faults, so I removed positive lead for 2 min and its been fine since.