Recommended upper charging limit

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
NpID3

Post by NpID3 »

Are you using “Locations” to set a timed charge? If you are then when you set the time, scroll down to see two sliders. The lower one might be set at 100% and it seems to override the “top level” charge limit on the charging screen

Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Ours is set at 80% max in the app. I've just had to unplug the car at 91% because it has kept on charging. I cant see a way to stop it charging in the app either.
Strangely, the app and the car both say 91% and 219 miles but that would be 240 at 100%. How can this be?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Folkramfer wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 pm Ours is set at 80% max in the app. I've just had to unplug the car at 91% because it has kept on charging. I cant see a way to stop it charging in the app either.
Strangely, the app and the car both say 91% and 219 miles but that would be 240 at 100%. How can this be?

Did you have the car controlling a scheduled charge by any chance?

As for your mileage question, were you expecting to see the WLTP figure of 260-ish, or are you wondering about something else?
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

App crashed during a charge while on a public charger. It showed the car charging but the level and range had froze, caused a panic run back to the car. Car showed the same readings. Stopped charge. Got home then reinstalled app, all was well the next day with both showing the correct values after they had managed to sync. You should be able to start and stop the charge using the green/red slider.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:02 am
Folkramfer wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 pm Ours is set at 80% max in the app. I've just had to unplug the car at 91% because it has kept on charging. I cant see a way to stop it charging in the app either.

As for your mileage question, were you expecting to see the WLTP figure of 260-ish, or are you wondering about something else?
Sorry for the 6 month late reply but we were on Holiday and completely missed your answer. Today is appropriate because my wife has just charged her car and is asking again.

This is the picture today:
1) App says charging is set to 80%.
2) App says car is 100% charged and has 199 miles
3) Car says it is Charged to 100% and has 206 miles

Our questions are:
a) Why does it not charge to just 80% as per the app setting?
b) Why, if it is at 100%, does it not have about 261 miles?
c) Why do the app and the car show different miles?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

What is the setting in the car for max charge?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Folkramfer wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:07 am
scott28tt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:02 am

Sorry for the 6 month late reply but we were on Holiday and completely missed your answer. Today is appropriate because my wife has just charged her car and is asking again.

This is the picture today:
1) App says charging is set to 80%.
2) App says car is 100% charged and has 199 miles
3) Car says it is Charged to 100% and has 206 miles

Our questions are:
a) Why does it not charge to just 80% as per the app setting?
b) Why, if it is at 100%, does it not have about 261 miles?
c) Why do the app and the car show different miles?

A. No idea, what was the maximum set as in the car?
B. Because it’s cold, and that 261 miles is a WLTP lab test conducted at much more efficient temperatures
C. The app shows data stored by VW, the car must have sent an update to VW then made a new range calculation
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Thamks for that. Checking, the car was set to charge to 100% even though the app was to 80%. Now fixed in the car.