Keyless fob issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
beaaribs

Post by beaaribs »

Hey,

Has anyone had issues with their fob?

I picked up my car on the 30th Dec, and everything was going fine but now I'm having issues with the keyless fob.

It keeps unsyncing and it's a pain having to wait to resync everyday before getting driving.

roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

Luckily I have not had that issue so far. The only advice I have seen posted is how to do the resync, nothing about how to avoid the issue. One person noted that interference from devices in his house would stop the fob communicating with the car but that was temporary until they moved the fob from the interference. I wonder if there is something that causes the car to think its some sort of relay attack in progress which then disables the key.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

How close do you keep the keys to the car? Do you have the keys in a Faraday pouch/box/tin?
beaaribs

Post by beaaribs »

I keep the keys in separate signal blocking pouches at home and when in the car in the key tray.

The second key has stopped working all together so have taken it in to see if they can fix it with update 2.0 (although that seems to be a whole other issue in and of itself!)
dem-id3

Post by dem-id3 »

I had a key fob issue just recently when my car went in again to have a look at some issues i was getting with the main screen.

I dropped the car of with my spare set of keys and kept my original set i use all the time with me.
The car was only supposed to be there for the day but while they were fixing that they did the software upgrade to 0783
which meant the car ended up staying there another two days on top.

Anyway after picking the car up using the spare key i had giving them everything was OK until the next day when
i tried to use my original set, the car wouldn't unlock, so called them and was told to come back to get the key re-coded.
This was due to the car getting the new software installed i was told.

So it's worth checking if both your keys are working after any major software upgrade.
Deleted User 192

dem-id3 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:38 am So it's worth checking if both your keys are working after any major software upgrade.

I read about this elsewhere after my car was in the workshop having 0783 installed (plus some other things) - my spare key still works fine so seems to be only applicable in some cases but yes worth checking.
EV Phone Home

Post by EV Phone Home »

VW had mine for 2 weeks to fix some a multitude of other issues, took my spare key up with me when I went to collect to make sure it worked fine. Went to charge for the first time after getting it back from VW and couldn't lock the car while it was on charge. Had to use the emergency key to lock it. Once I got back to the car it had completely died, hadn't charged any and I couldn't get back in. After about 10 attempts of opening it with the emergency key the alarm went off and I had to get inside and start the car which disabled the alarm. Fob started working again randomly.
djmc

Post by djmc »

Can anyone tell me if all id3 car are fitted with an auto lock system, this being when you do not have to activate any buttons to lock car, as I picked up a 1st edition id3 and this is fitted with this system, just wondering is it fitted as a standard or perhaps I have not set mine correctly, any guidance would be appreciated as i cannot find any information on this, many thanks in advance, DJ
Deleted User 192

djmc wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:33 am Can anyone tell me if all id3 car are fitted with an auto lock system, this being when you do not have to activate any buttons to lock car, as I picked up a 1st edition id3 and this is fitted with this system, just wondering is it fitted as a standard or perhaps I have not set mine correctly, any guidance would be appreciated as i cannot find any information on this, many thanks in advance, DJ

When you're in the car and start moving off, or when you leave the car and walk away from it?
mc1611

Post by mc1611 »

Yes, it’s working randomly. The first few days it was ok. The past 3 days I have to use the buttons to open/close