Update - how long should it take?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Tom_b

Post by Tom_b »

For those of you who have upgraded to 2.0...

I have had pretty much every fault described on here with software 0564, so VW have agreed to upgrade to 2.0

Listers, Leamington Spa. Done a few already apparently.

Its been 2.5 days so far and still going!

Is this usual or am I being messed around?

digital

Post by digital »

Ours took a full day and then a couple of hours into the next.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

If all goes well first time it's 7-9 hours, but requires the tech to perform actions on the car at multiple points through the process - it's not a "set and forget" task, and there can be some modules in the car which require additional updates (presumably firmware) to be compatible.

Mine is booked from Monday next week, the workshop pre-booked it for the whole week just in case.

From what I've read online it seems the typical time is 2 days, although some cars have needed new modules which have had to be shipped from the factory.
Chip

Post by Chip »

Mine is booked in next wednesday and I have been told to expect 2 days but this should mean 2.1 at the end of January should be quicker!!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Chip wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:18 pm Mine is booked in next wednesday and I have been told to expect 2 days but this should mean 2.1 at the end of January should be quicker!!

2.1 is February/March, but yes it should only be 1-2 hours if you have 2.0 already.