Fault after update 2.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

We bought our car on 30th December.
Having only driven it home and found warning messages it went straight back to the dealers when they reopened after the new year.

They decided to install update 2.0 and we've not seen the car since. After the update they said the car would not connect to we-connect and they kept it until the problem was sorted.

Numerous phone calls and threats from me to reject the car has had no effect as they are unable to solve the conection
problem despite their conversing with VW Germany. They have "escalated the case" within VW and we still have no car after nearly a month.

Just wondering if others have had a similar problem.

This is the 30th day since buying the car so I am running out of time to reject the car, although I don't really want to for a non mechanical issue.

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

I read elsewhere that others had to have a complete communication unit replaced with what sounds like this error.

In terms of rejection, no expertise, but I think you should read up on the subject as it does appear after 30 days things get more difficult - https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car - I now realise that having received my car on 23rd December, being asking to wait until after Christmas, after New Year and for 5 days while we talk to technical, ate up all my time to reject the car if needed to easily.
Having owned a car for 30 days and only having had access to it for 5 is not good, I wasn't impressed with 15 out of 30 days.

Agree once the ID.3 works it should be great, just got mine back with 2.0, so hopefully all will now be great.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Well, hope yours is ok. Sounds like ours in the hands of VW Germany and they aren't breaking a sweat.
Ngauge

Post by Ngauge »

Consider your rights uder Consumer Rights Act 2015 and car cound be rejected if the dealer is unable to correct the faults see the Act on the Internet for exact terms.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Still in the dealers. They now confirm what simonrg had heard. They've been told by VW Germany that it needs a new control unit. As there are none available it's now on back order.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Well the new control unit didn't work. Vw asked our permission to use our data to log themselves onto we connect. Still didn't work. They now say it needs a new infotainment system as this is the only system item they have not changed. They would need to order this.

I've now told the dealer that after three months without the car, we've had enough and I want a settlement figure.
He's said we won't lose financially but I've asked for my money back plus compensation. Waiting to hear from VW.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Three and a half months without car. Nearly 3 weeks waiting for answer from VW on resolving this.
No new car, no old car, paying on finance for something we haven't got and have never driven, other from dealer to home. VW are a joke. Last of their cars I will ever buy.
Are you listening VW.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Your horror story makes my 32 days wait to pick up a brand new bricked car seem trivial. It’s quite honestly hard to believe that VW can be so poor and uncaring - you could have ordered and have a brand new car in the time it’s taken to get nowhere.

There’s obviously something majorly wrong with some ID3’s out there - I think it’s a disgrace that VW don’t seem to even admit there’s an issue or jump in directly to sort.

I appreciate it’s a software issue, but as these cars are basically all about software, it’s becoming the major point of failure.

I lost patience last week, and started tweeting on the main UK VW page, interestingly responses are almost instant. I now tweet a daily update on the page which is publicly viewable, they clearly don’t like it - I shall continue until I get satisfaction.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Jono wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:23 pm
I lost patience last week, and started tweeting on the main UK VW page, interestingly responses are almost instant.
I now tweet a daily update on the page which is publicly viewable, they clearly don’t like it - I shall continue until I get satisfaction.

Best of luck Jono, it's just not acceptable!
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

I really feel for all those who are having problems with these vehicles. I would have lost patience a lot earlier but for being retired and in lockdown we haven't needed the car. But enough is enough and we are in negotiations to get out.
Silverage

Post by Silverage »

Mine went in yesterday for an upgrade from 0564. Today it’s failed and the dealer tells me they’ve had to refer it back to VW Germany to find out what to do next. I should have been a bit wary when they told me mine was going to be the first one of these they have upgraded.

I can’t see this being a quick fix so my next job will be to get out of the manual diesel car they’ve given me as a loaner. I could put up with it when it was just going to be two days, but I’m not belching around in a soot-chucker and changing gears for myself if it’s going to be weeks.
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Sounds similar to my situation, I bought a pre-reg business pro 5 weeks ago and have not yet received it. I asked for the update to be done before receiving the car, and was told that while completing the update a fault has developed, and the module needed is on back order with VW, with no date given as to when the module will be sent. Luckily the garage are offering me a full refund, leaving me free to buy another car without a fault or I can wait until this car has been fixed. Luckily the car is mostly for leisure purposes so I can wait but it’s been a big disappointment.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

After nearly 4 months without our 1st edition we have negotiated a deal which gives us a new Family id3 fresh from the factory, no updates as it is built with the latest software. No extra cost to us.
Getting a new reg better model is our compensation.

This leaves us with having to ask VW finance to reimburse our 4 months payments. I'm told by the dealer that this won't be a problem as we haven't had the car in that time.
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Congratulations (though of course the car should have been right first time). Good news for me too - after a six week wait, the car is being fixed tomorrow and I’m getting some expensive accessories thrown in. To be honest I’m ok with the wait - having gone a couple of decades without a car I can wait a couple more weeks. But still, I hope we can get on with driving our cars now!
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Buying a car, even second hand used to be a thrill. Now it's a nightmare.