Fault after update 2.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Silverage

Post by Silverage »

Mine went in yesterday for an upgrade from 0564. Today it’s failed and the dealer tells me they’ve had to refer it back to VW Germany to find out what to do next. I should have been a bit wary when they told me mine was going to be the first one of these they have upgraded.

I can’t see this being a quick fix so my next job will be to get out of the manual diesel car they’ve given me as a loaner. I could put up with it when it was just going to be two days, but I’m not belching around in a soot-chucker and changing gears for myself if it’s going to be weeks.

BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Sounds similar to my situation, I bought a pre-reg business pro 5 weeks ago and have not yet received it. I asked for the update to be done before receiving the car, and was told that while completing the update a fault has developed, and the module needed is on back order with VW, with no date given as to when the module will be sent. Luckily the garage are offering me a full refund, leaving me free to buy another car without a fault or I can wait until this car has been fixed. Luckily the car is mostly for leisure purposes so I can wait but it’s been a big disappointment.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

After nearly 4 months without our 1st edition we have negotiated a deal which gives us a new Family id3 fresh from the factory, no updates as it is built with the latest software. No extra cost to us.
Getting a new reg better model is our compensation.

This leaves us with having to ask VW finance to reimburse our 4 months payments. I'm told by the dealer that this won't be a problem as we haven't had the car in that time.
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Congratulations (though of course the car should have been right first time). Good news for me too - after a six week wait, the car is being fixed tomorrow and I’m getting some expensive accessories thrown in. To be honest I’m ok with the wait - having gone a couple of decades without a car I can wait a couple more weeks. But still, I hope we can get on with driving our cars now!
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Buying a car, even second hand used to be a thrill. Now it's a nightmare.