Not updating?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
beaaribs

Post by beaaribs »

Got the car on the 30th December and was quite happy to finally make the change to a fully electric vehicle, but I can't say its been plane sailing.

Dropped of my car to the nearest dealership yesterday morning for the 2.0 update, had a call a few minutes ago telling me the car has stopped half way through the update and it is not progressing any further, they are currently waiting to hear back from the technical department to advise what the next steps are.

I had similar issues other members have posted about.
- lane assist wrongfully swerving the car with very faint markings on the road
- randomly triggering SOS, Travel Assist and Emergency Assist warnings
- EBA triggered when going at normal speed and at safe distance from vehicle in front
- random clicking noises
- one of the keys has stopped working all together.

Has anyone had any similar issues? I'm quite disappointed and to be honest think I jumped the gun on this purchase :(

OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

beaaribs wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:08 pm Got the car on the 30th December and was quite happy to finally make the change to a fully electric vehicle, but I can't say its been plane sailing.

Dropped of my car to the nearest dealership yesterday morning for the 2.0 update, had a call a few minutes ago telling me the car has stopped half way through the update and it is not progressing any further, they are currently waiting to hear back from the technical department to advise what the next steps are.

I had similar issues other members have posted about.
- lane assist wrongfully swerving the car with very faint markings on the road
- randomly triggering SOS, Travel Assist and Emergency Assist warnings
- EBA triggered when going at normal speed and at safe distance from vehicle in front
- random clicking noises
- one of the keys has stopped working all together.

I'm quite disappointed and to be honest think I jumped the gun on this purchase :(

Hi - just some words to make you feel like you made the right decision. The issues you have mentioned are annoying - I have only experienced the lane assist issue but other than that our ID3 Life hasn't had the problems other have had. However, I completely empathise - when spending so much on a new piece of tech, you expect it to be polished and ready to use, not with the lists of problems that others have experienced.

The ID3 is an amazing machine - and even as someone who is not new to EVs, the overall feeling is that this car is 95% there - it is just frustrating that the 5% is such a vital part...

I think it will get there - and if OTA updates continue, the car can only get better. Having driven two 500 mile journeys in the ID3, I am confident it will be a keeper. Hold in there - it will be a pain for a few months (and we are all the guinea pigs) but I don't think you made the wrong decision.
beaaribs

Post by beaaribs »

Thank you, when I had the initial issue with the key, I was assured the update would eliminate any need for resyncing (which im currently having to do once a week), but with it now freezing half way through an update... it's just jarring.

Hopefully it's something minor but it doesn't fill me with hope that the technical department have not yet figured out what the issue could be, and I'm left with a petrol car I don't really want to drive in and spending money to refuel.