ACC functionality disappeared - Its as if it never existed!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
RobGDee

Post by RobGDee »

Odd one this and different from other ACC thread so I thought I'd post it here.

Climbed in today for the nursery run and went to activate ACC which has worked well thus far. It's gone! The only option is speed limiter which works fine but no ACC. No warning lights to say it's inactive or disabled or otherwise. The steering wheel mode button clicks but shows no option for ACC despite swiping left and right and there's no mention of ACC within the assistance menu.

Really hoping someone else has experienced similar otherwise I fear the dealer might think I've lost my marbles.. Cars a 1st edition running on SW 2.0.

Any thoughts before I add to the snag list?
ID3 1st UK.

hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Dirt covering camera / sensors?
RobGDee

Post by RobGDee »

Appreciate the suggestion hwhbev, the cars actually pretty clean but I will have a wipe. If it was a sensor issue, I'd expect a warning light or message to say unavailable. The thing is, the features also missing from the main screen menu now as an instaled feature.
ID3 1st UK.
RobGDee

Post by RobGDee »

An update for anyone that was interested in this one.

Climbed in today and ACC back as it should be. Must be a software thing for it to have disappeared from the menu completely. I have noticed that there's an air bubble under the sticky pad that holds the rearview mirror and sensors in place, the whole assembly will wobble with a light touch but I can see others also have this issue which can wait until it goes in for 2.1
ID3 1st UK.
Smokeyhill

Post by Smokeyhill »

Thanks for posting the update. I had the exact same issue last night, no option for ACC when driving. I also had to clean the windscreen when setting off. After parking it and getting back in a short while later, it was all working. My theory is that, if the camera is dirty, it will fail a self test on start up so doesn’t allow ACC. I am making this up of course, I don’t actually know, just a theory.
RobGDee

Post by RobGDee »

If your theory holds true it's a pretty poor system. I've got ACC on my XC90 and have had it for many years on various Audi's and its always worked with the exception of driving in snow when the front of the cars are covered and hamper the radar / lidar sensors and then even when the system doesn't work, your notified that its unavailable.

My hunch is still that its a software glitch and not a physical problem but do report back if it happens again and I'll do the same.
ID3 1st UK.