Car alarm went off at 5am

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
mez

Post by mez »

Oh joy. The new ID3 decided to wake everyone up this morning at 5:05. It was locked normally and plugged in at the time. Absolutely nobody around (the house motion lights were all off. Rural location). Slightly breezy, wet weather. Is this going to be a regular occurrence I wonder ... has anyone else had issues with the alarm ?
ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Yes, numerous owners have.

Some have not closed the boot lid properly.

When it happened a few times on mine the dealer suggested turning off “interior monitoring” til they could get it into the workshop. They thought they had applied an update to stop it, but it has happened once since then so it’s back on the list for the next workshop visit.
mez

Post by mez »

Many thanks for the tips. My ID.3 is currently taking its first holiday to the local VW workshop to sort out the alarm issue (and an update from 0564 to 0783, if they can figure it out..)
ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900
Parkie

Post by Parkie »

mez wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:37 pm Many thanks for the tips. My ID.3 is currently taking its first holiday to the local VW workshop to sort out the alarm issue (and an update from 0564 to 0783, if they can figure it out..)

Was your dealer able to sort this out? We have also had our alarm go off three times at 5am. It has always happened when the charger cable is connected, and 5am is the time the charger is set to deactive. So, possibly (for us) it is related. I've changed the time on the charger after being woken up again this morning.