Floor covering recall?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

I took my ID3 in for it's 2.1 upgrade today and noticed a note on the file saying "Floor covering recall" - the chap at the desk wasn't able to enlighten me as to what this entailed. Has anybody else had this recall? :?:

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

There have been a few mentions of this, so I called my dealership as my Family is booked in for 2.1 on Monday. They are not showing any Flooring recall against my car but they were aware of it. Is there a particular pattern to the models that have reported this?
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Mine's an early 1st beyond that I know nothing! I'll be able to report once I've got the car back in a week or so...
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Mine is in today for its software update, and they informed me when I delivered it this morning that it's going to have a flooring recall done at the same time. Will report back...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I was told that in some circumstances the floor covering could interfere with the accelerator pedal leading to a potentially dangerous situation. My car will be checked whilst it is in for the 2.1 upgrade.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Mine had the recall done while it was in for the 2.1 upgrade. They let me see the VW instruction sheet. The floor covering behind the accelerator pedal on early batches of ID.3 can extend upwards until it's too close to the accelerator pedal's hinge. This can interfere with the kickdown function. The VW workaround is for the technician to cut away a 60mm square of floor covering material behind the accelerator.

In my case the technician cut away rather less than 60mm because he judged that my car didn't need more than that.
Jono

Post by Jono »

All sounds a bit DIY - does the “workaround” look reasonable?
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Jono wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 pm All sounds a bit DIY - does the “workaround” look reasonable?
Yes it looks fine. You have to stick your head right into the footwell to see the area affected, so it wouldn't really matter if it looked kludged. But it looks fine.
Jono

Post by Jono »

As I don’t tend to drive with my head down there, it should be fine then.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

After reading this thread I had to go and have a look at the car. I do not have a "before" photo but attach a photo after the recall.

IMG_9803.jpeg

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Well that doesn't look very professional. Thankfully its pretty dark down there.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

hwhbev wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:02 am Well that doesn't look very professional. Thankfully its pretty dark down there.
Yes out of sight, out of mind luckily :-)
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Jel

Post by Jel »

This is what it looks like before surgery. Seems like they cut/hack away an inch or so down on the throttle side.

IMG_6272.JPG

Jel

Post by Jel »

And this is the "After" photo. Not the neatest of jobs but can't really see it while in the car.

IMG_6344.JPG