Seat heating unbidden...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

My car has begun turning the driver's side heated seat on at the start of most journeys. I notice when I begin to squirm in the seat (I don't like heated seats) and turn it off, but next time I get in the car it's often back on again. Always at level 2, the mid-setting.

This behaviour began a few weeks ago, before my car had its 2.1 upgrade, and I didn't worry about it since I was getting a lot of erratic behaviour of this type and I assumed it would be cured by the upgrade. However my car has now had the upgrade and the ghostly seat heating has continued. Is my car haunted, perhaps?
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot

Jono

Post by Jono »

Have you checked that the auto seat heating (based on outside temp) isn’t active? I had this with mine, but discovered the settings and switched it off
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Jono wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:22 pm Have you checked that the auto seat heating (based on outside temp) isn’t active? I had this with mine, but discovered the settings and switched it off
Thanks so much Jono. I hadn't been aware of the function. Now I've found it and turned it off.

Of course, I never turned it on in the first place, it will have turned itself on as one of the numerous bugs in the pre update software. Let's hope that's a thing of the past...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Hartsease

Post by Hartsease »

Hi. Can you remember how you found the setting for this and turned it off. I have the same problem. In this hot weather its driving me round the bend.
Thanks
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Hartsease wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:19 pm Hi. Can you remember how you found the setting for this and turned it off. I have the same problem. In this hot weather its driving me round the bend.
Thanks
I haven’t checked yet but I found this old post
“ In the menu there is an option called “stat. Air con.”
There under settings (cogwheel) you can select it to start air conditioning when the car gets unlocked.
Then under “air con” you can select if it should preheat your seat and wheel or not”.
I’ll check later…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Turn off zones in settings in the app that will stop it doing it