Software 2.2?!?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

So my ID.3 has got a 12V battery error telling me to take it for service - VW Assist is coming to recover it. However, whilst phoning around trying to find a dealer who could deal with it I spoke to VW MK and was told that 2.2 is now released for install but not OTA! Has anybody else heard this?

Jono

Post by Jono »

I do hope thus is a joke, my new cars been waiting for over a month to get 2.1, so I can collect, still not sorted. If there’s yet another dealer update (not OTA), I despair.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I doubt this. My dealer told me the whole point of 2.1 was so that after that all updates are over the air
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

CarterHounslow wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:14 pm I doubt this. My dealer told me the whole point of 2.1 was so that after that all updates are over the air
Yes, that is what I understood as well so I asked again and got the same answer... We shall see ;) - my car has been taken off to some far flung garage with a 12V battery error and I have a VW Leaf, courtesy of VW Assist - I may not see it again for some time if the experience of others is anything to go by.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Sindidziwa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 pm ... I have a VW Leaf, courtesy of VW Assist - ...
I always thought those were made by Nissan?
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Jono

Post by Jono »

Perhaps VW have decided the Nissan Leaf is more reliable
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I spoke with my dealer today as the other day when discussing the timed charger issue he did say it may have to come in for a software update, which I questioned him about the OTA updates.

VW confirmed to the service department that some updates will be OTA, some will have to come in to have them done. It all depends whether they are classed as major updates or minor.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

HeidiFlowerpt Driver wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:05 pm
Sindidziwa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 pm ... I have a VW Leaf, courtesy of VW Assist - ...
I always thought those were made by Nissan?
I got my car back (and handed back the Nissan Leaf) but the garage said a) they couldn't find anything wrong with the battery once they'd charged it and b) they couldn't find anything causing a drain on the 12V battery! They had also never heard of 2.2 upgrade. As I drove away I saw another id.3 being deposited by AA - whoever that is i hope it doesn't take too long.

PS. the Leaf had a worse rear camera but had additional cameras so that you could see the curb and everything round the car. It also had much better info on efficiency and how much further you can drive if you switch the heating off etc. Otherwise, it felt less spacious and rather old fashioned compared to the id.3 (i would like VTG - apparently future VW models will have this).
Aapercy

Post by Aapercy »

Here’s the situation https://insideevs.com/news/492255/volks ... te-coming/

Looks like 2.2 will be late Summer and will need 2.1 to get 2.2 OTA.
Life Pro - Feb2021 - version 0783
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Given that my ID.3 has now been in the workshop for nine days awaiting resolution of problems installing the first of the five modules which constitute the 2.1 update, my confidence that OTA will work seemlessly is shrinking rapidly!
gewrge-lewn12

Post by gewrge-lewn12 »

I am waiting for the car to be delivered and my dealer said they will need to do an update on the car and that it will be one more week for delivering. Any chance that the update will be the 2.2 since 2.1 has been around for quite some time ?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Based on what I've read everywhere, I'd be very surprised indeed if it's 2.2.

I was expecting more like August/September time (based on not much, just a collection of vibes)
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I read somewhere that VW intend to issue quarterly software updates. Since 2.1 was February, there's another update due any day now. Don't hold your breath....
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

How do I know what software version is installed on my ID3? Where do I look? Thanks in advance.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

JohnDavid wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:18 pm How do I know what software version is installed on my ID3? Where do I look? Thanks in advance.

Settings > System information > Software

0792 means 2.1 (the latest)