ID3 1st Edition Rear light failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
grumpy1

Post by grumpy1 »

The car has covered the huge milage of 110 (lockdown, health, etc;), and the left-hand rear indicator bulb has apparently blown. Looking into the boot I cannot see any obvious way to get to the light cluster. Normally there is a defined cut out in the lining felt that can be prised away, but in my car the lining all appears to be in one piece. I'm probably being blind and very thick but would appreciate any help in solving what should be a simple job. Thanks in advance.

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

If they are like our Family model then they are scrolling leds and so can't be replaced as a bulb unit. Call to dealer needed I think.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Just thought about it.
Can you unscrew two black bolts to remove the light outwards? (one up, second below the light)
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
Tony Cr

Post by Tony Cr »

I have a 2021 ID3 Pro performance. Got a message check rear brake light. It is actually OK but led to me asking how I replace bulb. I can see no way rear light cluster can be removed. No break in inner lining. No bolts and nothing on outside or in wheel arch. I saw one suggestion it is back to the dealer. This makes me ask the legal question. If a light fails while i am on a journey, where do I stand legally. Then how do I get a change quickly. Last time I tried workshops were so busy it was come back in six weeks. Does a light bulb out qualify for a breakdown call out?
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

I doubt the id.3 has any light bulbs, all lights seem to be LED's. These are not generally a replaceable item, much like the LED's lighting up your TV screen, if they fail it's a workshop job.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys