Key not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Runnerduck

Post by Runnerduck »

We have had our iD3 for 1 month, very pleased with most things. However, yesterday while in town the key stopped working (I have seen some other posts on this but they seem to be unsearchable on the forum). We used the hard key to open car and alarm went off and would not stop, eventually had to go home and collect spare key and come back - an hour of our lives we will not get back, very frustrating. I have emailed our dealer today and await response. We have lost a bit of trust in the car after this....

Any thoughts or comments?

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Are you on the latest software? Did you know about resetting the key by leaving it in the front cupholder space for 5 mins?
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Runnerduck

Post by Runnerduck »

Thankyou, no I didn't know about leaving it in cupholder space for 5 mins - I will try that. VW dealer is taking it in to update software to latest version.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Runnerduck wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:35 am I didn't know about leaving it in cupholder space for 5 mins

See “synchronising the vehicle key” in the manual.