New delivery: Rattle sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

Hmm. I guess I should count myself lucky then! So far, anyway.

Probus5002

Post by Probus5002 »

I had a rattle. It was from the charging cable in the boot. Cured after I put the cable in its bag.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I think I have the same rattle you are describing, but it isn't permanent. Very noticeable when going downhill on crap roads.

Had one issue with mirrors not unlocking, but turning it on and off resolved that.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Cjd100

Post by Cjd100 »

A rear Rattle has been driving me mad for months, slowing getting worse, tried everything mentioned but to no avail. However I have found the source!, under the car there are plastic protection panels, they are fastened by torx screws, one was working loose so the plastic 'skid' protection simply flapped generating the rattling sound which propagated into the car's interior. Just driven 200 miles all quiet!!
Loose Torx Screw rear underside.pdf
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Sanya

Post by Sanya »

I had a rattle from rear of the car which I eventually tracked it back to the “fuel flap”.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

The sun shade for the glass roof on my Family pro has a rattle that comes from the rear when it's closed only. One for the dealership when I take it for it's first service. I've also got an issue with the SAT nav when on sub zero days where it occasionally gets the location wrong which is down right dangerous on motorways when it suddenly decides you're driving along a 30 mph road on the side of the motorway and it slows rapidly. It's hasn't gone wrong for ages now it's warmer.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38