odometer and trip display

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Peter Pan Pan

Post by Peter Pan Pan »

Tony1059 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:42 pm I think you see it on the main dash display before you select a gear and set off. Something there or thereabouts.
Yup, it's there when you get in the car before you 'turn it on'. I think it's just a case of changing your expectations. I felt the same - we've all been used to seeing the odometer and trip mileage under our noses for ever but now things are different. Do we really need that info readily to hand any more? Perhaps not.
2021 ID3 Family Pro | Moonstone Grey | 4 wheels and a steering wheel

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

The trip meter could be handy with range anxiety.
stephen39

Post by stephen39 »

I've been struggling to find the vehicle mileage on my ID.3 too. I remember seeing it last year but recently I can't find it. I followed the suggestions above but when I get into the car before activating the power I can see on the steering column display just '--- miles' on the lefthand side then the battery level/range display in the middle. If I go into the infotainment system and look at the vehicle status the total distance also shows as '---'.
stephen39

Post by stephen39 »

I showed the problem to my VW garage and then booked it in to be investigated. They had the car for a day but were unable to identify the cause. They have raised a technical query with VW now and I have the car back. I'll need to take it in again once they get a possible solution.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sounds very odd, do any of the other figures show, avg Speed, Journey time, consumption?

Might be tempted to leave it and sell on as 'Very low mileage'..
stephen39

Post by stephen39 »

If I go into the vehicle status I can see all those figures - since start, long term, since charge. As far as I can tell the only thing missing is the vehicle mileage which just shows as "--- mi".
It's the same on the vehicle status screen as it is on the steering column display when you get in and out of the car.
It was working back in November last year as I took a reading then. Some time since then it disappeared but not sure exactly when.
Bvk

Post by Bvk »

Stephen39, what is the current status? I’m experiencing the exact same problem. The odometer showing as —km.. I have the car for sale aswell..
marctownsend10

Post by marctownsend10 »

Same problem here. The car was in for 2 weeks with VW after the SOS emergency message display. They had to fit a new 'control module'. Since this I cannot see the miles displayed. Now back in the garage and VW have advised it needs a new 'control module' and there is a long lead time. Assume it's a different control module. The other issue since this SOS 'fix' was the inability to link to the app, despite reinstallation of the app and resetting etc.