Turning Off Lane Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Anduain

Re: Turning Off Lane Assist

Post by Anduain » Sun May 16, 2021 5:32 pm

What I find more annoying and potentially dangerous is the car braking on the motorway for an exit even if you ignore it and in fact braking for a roundabout at the top of said exit.

Obviously you don’t lose control or anything, it is just pesky that it brakes for a roundabout that’s about 500m behind you.
Yorkshireman, living in Barcelona.
ID.3 Pro Max - Software 0792, Metallic Makena-turquoise

ColinID3

Post by ColinID3 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:01 am

What is the current NCAP rating of your Nissan? I heard that the lack of 1-touch disable was also part of why the ID.3 has 5*
Good point well made Scott.
It turns out the Nissan was only 4* and doesn't seem to have been rated at all for 'Safety Assistance Systems' where as the ID3 scored 88% for this.
Life Pro performance, Makena, 19" Andoya, Heat-pump, Nov'20 build, 23/12/20 delivery. Now with 2.1

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN » Fri May 28, 2021 7:17 am

So, as I have stated previously I haven't felt that the lane assist 'interferes' much with my drive despite using primarily A and B (unclassified) lanes for most of my journeys, however I have recently started trying out B mode again to see if I could get on with it better now I was used to the car. This might be my imagination, but in B mode I seem to get a lot more Lane assist warnings?
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey - Now with 2.1 !!!