Driver Display Yellow Flash

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Has anybody else seen the driver display go yellow for a fraction of a second?

I have noticed on 4 or 5 occasions that while driving my current loan demonstrator from the dealer that the entire driver display will go yellow for a fraction of a second.

The first couple of times it happened I thought I was imagining it, but now I am sure it happens, but it just happens randomly so I have no idea when it will happen or what causes it.

Is this a symptom that the driver display will soon fail?

When I return the car to the dealer I will let them know, but as it i only happens for a fraction of a second occasionally I guess they will struggle to reproduce it if not driving the car regularly.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire

mark83

Post by mark83 »

Yes, I've seen the same thing!!! I thought I was going mad or imagining it at first. No idea what causes it.
Did you take yours back to the dealer for it, and if so what did they say?
PCR100

Post by PCR100 »

The yellow flash on the speedo display has been happening to us almost since new (October 20) I’ve mentioned it to my dealer on our numerous visits, but as it hasn’t occurred whilst it has been with them they can’t help. I did ask them to check with VW if it has been reported by any other owners- but nothing back from them.
CarlosCB

Post by CarlosCB »

Yes, it happens to mine too.
I have not said anything in the workshop because as it happens from time to time, and it is just a blink of an eye, I understand that if I take it they will keep it for several days and I am afraid they will give it back to me the same.
I thought it would be a specific failure of mine, but seeing that there are more people like it ... I'm going to tell the workshop. To see what they tell me.
ID3VW_JULY_2021

Post by ID3VW_JULY_2021 »

Hello, I noticed that in my new ID3 PURE (OCT 2021), the driver display can either get yellow as reported by you all but also blue. Has anyone had any luck with the VW repair shop or do they just ignore it saying that they never heard about this problem/issue?
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Yes, I’ve had this too - two or three times! I’ve had blue too.
Literally it flashes in the blink of an eye. Not sure what it is, but I get something similar with data projectors that use a spinning colour wheel (RGB). I can see the individual colours. This is something which I see from the corner of my eye; in the time it takes to blink. Had it again twice this morning - it happens so quickly, I'm sure it's the way my brain/eyes work with displays of this kind.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
TimF

Post by TimF »

Raxacorico wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:48 pm Yes, I’ve had this too - two or three times! I’ve had blue too.
Literally it flashes in the blink of an eye. Not sure what it is, but I get something similar with data projectors that use a spinning colour wheel (RGB). I can see the individual colours. This is something which I see from the corner of my eye; in the time it takes to blink. Had it again twice this morning - it happens so quickly, I'm sure it's the way my brain/eyes work with displays of this kind.
Peripheral vision has a faster response time than central. Central has the fine resolution instead. Probably evolution - need to be good at noticing predators appearing from the side, plus precision at central focus to recognise prey / aim weapon / spot target point for flint knapping.