Pod point scheduled charge not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Hoppy

Pod point scheduled charge not working

Post by Hoppy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:47 pm

Has anyone experienced difficulties with timed charging ?
We have been using fir a number of weeks without any issues, however since last Thursday (27/5) we have been unable to use

When connecting the car indicator goes red and charge goes by take place, if I turn the tined charge off on the pod point then car immediately charges

I have reported to pod point but interested if anyone else has had a problem

Thanks
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic

peterg

Re: Pod point scheduled charge not working

Post by peterg » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 pm

We had initial trouble using the Octopus Go 12 30 to 4 30 am crazy cheap timer with Pod,point. It seemed a bit erratic and then I read that an previous post to just set the timer for every day of the week and then just use the days you want to. Everything seemed happy after that. I did notice the red light recently which seems to say the link to the internet is down.so a good old switch everything off for 30 seconds got,us back on track. Posting this will be probably be the kiss of death when I go out to the car in the morning but seems to do the job.
Next challenge will be a trip to Scotland from the South Coast in the summer and wrestling with service station charging points....which ones are pay as you go...which ones do you need to preregister etc.......supermarkets just off the motorways was the tip I was given. Brilliant car though

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:41 pm

I have used the old switch it off and try again and has worked in past

Unfortunately this time it hasn’t worked, though all the car connected toons have stopped at the moment as well

Connection problem I suspect!
Pod point still haven’t been in touch though !

For charging en route we find supermarkets best, especially Lidl with their 50kw, very quick !
Have used shell but not so reliable
We have gone just over 11k miles in ours and it spends most of time on motorway commuting and able to charge free at car park on arrival, very useful
Amazing now it’s working after 2.1 (well apart from charging!)

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Looks like pod point charger issue
Engineer needs to attend
Looking for local charging points!