Can't get started with We Connect ID

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have been trying to set up We Connect ID. I have my account OK, but when I try and enter my vehicle, I enter the VIN OK, then go to the screen where I put my country (UK), then it just goes "Opps, something went wrong". Nothing else to say what.

The VIN is OK, as I managed to enter this on the computer, so it shows as the right car, but I can't get any further than this. Any ideas ?

Lester

Post by Lester »

I'm struggling too - get a message saying that the sim card needs resetting (?).
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

How is your mobile signal where you are? If it’s showing 1-3 bars suggest moving someone better.
wgibbons

Post by wgibbons »

Nick wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 pm I have been trying to set up We Connect ID. I have my account OK, but when I try and enter my vehicle, I enter the VIN OK, then go to the screen where I put my country (UK), then it just goes "Opps, something went wrong". Nothing else to say what.

The VIN is OK, as I managed to enter this on the computer, so it shows as the right car, but I can't get any further than this. Any ideas ?
Same here. I lost an hour this morning going round in circles on this. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and driving to a 4G mast to make sure it wasn't poor connection that was the issue.

When did you pick up your car? We only got ours yesterday, and maybe it takes a few days for everything to show up properly at the VW end?
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Have you got the id3 in online mode? That might help had mine about two weeks and set it up on day 1 so that shouldn’t be the issue
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

I had the same issue last weekend, I think my car has a very poor internet signal at my house, I went for a drive on Sunday parked outside my local VW dealer (not the one I purchased from and they were closed) it worked first time there. Now its set up its working great but I had 3 days of the same issues last weekend, good luck x
GRF7

Post by GRF7 »

Just purchased a new car and similarly cannot link the car - getting the “oops” message. 24 hour phone helpline is only an automated message saying send in an email with your problem!
Also can’t save addresses using sat nav- get the spinning “wheel of death” every time.
Sat Nav also does not recognise addresses in my iPhone contacts
Rass

Post by Rass »

I had this problem.

In the end I needed to call the support line.

They needed a few details but then passed it to the back end team who fixed it.

All now ok.

Interestingly I can’t call the 00800 number they give you so called the alternative and ended up talking to the German support. They then gave me the UK number to call. This is:

0800 279 7508

Just pick Digital Services from the options.

Cheers.