charge fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

Took delivery of ID3 Life Pro last Tuesday - trailer delivery to me in Scotland from dealer in London (Company car) already with version 2.1
Found almost straight away that after about 5 minutes, the light on the port changes to alternate green/red and charge rate drop to a trickle charge rate.
The screen showed "Emergency charging" intially but now just shows its not charging
Tried taking it to local public 50kw charger and same happens so my wall box is ok I think.
At same time rear boot latch failed and would not lock (maybe coincidence)
Took car to Local VW dealer in Stirling - they confirmed today it will not charge but so far have no idea what is causing it (they have replaced boot lock)
Now they are waiting for advice from VW as what to do next

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
150kw Life Pro Performance, standard, Stonewash Blue.
Bonnybridge, Scotland

Vincent_31

Post by Vincent_31 »

Hello,

I’m wondering if you finally got a solution to your problem.
I am facing the exact same issue but the dealer can’t look at it before the end of the month.
From their record they have no solution to propose.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Was the 50kw a DC charger?
nigelb

Post by nigelb »

The 50KW was a DC unit but in any event after 3 weeks of waiting I rejected the car and the supplying dealer in London eventually exchanged it with another identical ID3. This arrived some 4 weeks ago now and very pleased with it. Already done about 2,500 miles with no issues including a few 600 miles return business trips so have been trying out the various charging points on the A1/M1 etc.

I understand the Scottish dealer eventaully claimed they had fixed the original car (I know they changed several parts in the car but don't know what the final cause was) - it was returned to London anyway
150kw Life Pro Performance, standard, Stonewash Blue.
Bonnybridge, Scotland