Charge cable unlocking with delayed re-charge

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
blenny

Post by blenny »

We have just installed a PodPoint charger and set it up so that it charges near midnight when we have a cheap rate.

When we plug the charger into the car it locks correctly, but if we check it again after 20 or so minutes you can simply pull the charger out. The car is locked of course.

That means someone could simply walk away with the cable, disconnecting first car then PodPoint.

The only thing we could think of was checking the 'auto release' wasn't toggled in the ID.3 Connect app.

What could be causing this (bug or 'feature'?) and what can we do to stop it?

Cheers,

blenny

Post by blenny »

So this isn’t fixed but it is sporadic. I suspect a software issue in communication between car and PodPoint, esp if this delay feature is new.
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

I have the same issue but on a Zappi 2 charger, always unlocked after its charged, Auto release unchecked in App, on my wife's Honda e the charger remains locked after charge completed. So I assume its an ID.3 issue. All settings on ID.3 re charging are unticked except charge to 80/100% depending on days journey. Car always charges perfectly except for not locking charger.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry
blenny

Post by blenny »

Actually we realised that the connection LED has been going RED before after we hook up, and it's disconnected after that. I think the LED goes off after a while - we now watch it go through the connection cycle and fail.

We can re-charge fine if we don't put in a delay, but now we're no longer able to set up a delay, either through the car or through the PodPoint. It's hard to diagnose as there's no error logs anywhere bar a brief ID3 message on the dashboard saying it can't connect.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

BEN44R wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 am I have the same issue but on a Zappi 2 charger, always unlocked after its charged, Auto release unchecked in App, on my wife's Honda e the charger remains locked after charge completed. So I assume its an ID.3 issue. All settings on ID.3 re charging are unticked except charge to 80/100% depending on days journey. Car always charges perfectly except for not locking charger.
That's odd, mine on a Zappi remains locked, and I have to unlock the car with fob to release it.