OTA Update just occured!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Jel

Post by Jel »

"Personalised vehicle image on the car screen"

How do you set that ? I've looked but can't seem to find it

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Jel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 am "Personalised vehicle image on the car screen"

How do you set that ? I've looked but can't seem to find it

Press the car icon at the bottom of the app screen, and instead of a generic white car with the 20" wheels you should see a representation of your car - this is "my" 1st Edition in the app:

IMG_5448.jpeg

Jel

Post by Jel »

Strange doesn't seem to have changed on mine. How do you check if it had the OTA update installed as I was in a rush that morning and didn't select to install ?
Deleted User 192

I don't think anything on the car influences that image in the app, the app release notes refer to the "selected configuration" which I translate into "what you ordered".

Regarding the OTA update, there are no visual clues or information that it's been installed - my car was at the workshop earlier this week so the technician may have been "offered" it and chosen to install it, I've not been "offered" it by the car since I got it back yesterday.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Those with the App update and the 'Own car' image. iPhone users?
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:59 am Those with the App update and the 'Own car' image. iPhone users?

Yes for me, I did mention in my previous post it was 1.16.0 on iOS that had added this.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Turns my iPhone didn't see the Weconnect ID update and I had to manually update the app. Shows the correct image now
Last edited by Jel on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

Jel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:31 pm Turns my iPhone didn't see the Reconnect ID update and I had to manually update the app. Shows the correct image now

I always do a "pull down" on the app update screen on my iPhone, there are always more available for mine than what it shows by default.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Going back to the in car OTA update. Why doesn't anything show up in notifications or settings / systems information / show all updates ? At least nothing shows up for me
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

BEN44R wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:45 am Woke up this morning, received the ORURN update, speculation on German site is, this is needed for the OTA updates to instal! Good to know my car is capable of receiving updates this way and seems to be set up and working.
An OTA update to allow OTA updates? That's the most German thing I've ever heard.
Statten

Post by Statten »

I received a message when driving earlier that my update was ready and did I want to install. I declined as where I was driving meant I was stopping for an hour, then a second stop for an hour before returning home. As I understand it the update begins when you stop and park the car after you’ve accepted the update and you’re unable to drive until it’s complete, which wouldn’t have been suitable for me today.

My question is, can I go into my car now I’m parked at home and start the update? I’ve gone to Settings > System Information > Show All Updates but nothing showing.
Ebwoy

Post by Ebwoy »

Exactly the same happened to me yesterday.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance: Metallic - Manganese Grey w/Infotainment Pack (Collected June ‘22)
Deleted User 192

Statten wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm I received a message when driving earlier that my update was ready and did I want to install. I declined as where I was driving meant I was stopping for an hour, then a second stop for an hour before returning home. As I understand it the update begins when you stop and park the car after you’ve accepted the update and you’re unable to drive until it’s complete, which wouldn’t have been suitable for me today.

My question is, can I go into my car now I’m parked at home and start the update? I’ve gone to Settings > System Information > Show All Updates but nothing showing.

Yesterday’s OTA update was not the 2.3 version which requires that you be parked and the car locked etc.

I installed it sitting in the car on my driveway, it literally took 2 minutes to download and install.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Statten wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm I received a message when driving earlier that my update was ready and did I want to install. I declined as where I was driving meant I was stopping for an hour, then a second stop for an hour before returning home. As I understand it the update begins when you stop and park the car after you’ve accepted the update and you’re unable to drive until it’s complete, which wouldn’t have been suitable for me today.

I've had the same issue. I declined it yesterday as I was about to drive, now its nowhere to be found.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I haven’t seen this yet but it would be very helpful if the displayed message told you how long the update will take. Or is that asking too much of VW? With all of the issues over the 2.0 update, we need confidence that we are not going to have an unusable car for hours, or even days if things go wrong.
Deleted User 192

hwhbev wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:33 am I haven’t seen this yet but it would be very helpful if the displayed message told you how long the update will take. Or is that asking too much of VW? With all of the issues over the 2.0 update, we need confidence that we are not going to have an unusable car for hours, or even days if things go wrong.

The 2.3 updates do - apparently 30 minutes for part 1, and 3 hours for part 2.

Yesterday's was different, it literally took a couple of minutes to download and install, and said this:

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 09.46.12.png

Statten

Post by Statten »

Hmm, Did you get that screen after you hit “yes” to initiate the download? Would have been helpful to have seen that prior to either selecting ‘yes’ or ‘no’
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Just happened here. One/two bars of 4G. Downloaded and installed in seconds.
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

Same 'update' here today - only a few seconds' worth - most likely I'd guess little more than a test-run for the 2.3 update packages still to come. Only visible change I can see (if it's a change at all) is that the number beside what I assume on the screen is the inbuilt SIM (the globe) now says 2 instead of 1.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Thats your notifications. Tap on the globe and you'll go to them.