OTA Update just occured!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Statten

Post by Statten »

I received a message when driving earlier that my update was ready and did I want to install. I declined as where I was driving meant I was stopping for an hour, then a second stop for an hour before returning home. As I understand it the update begins when you stop and park the car after you’ve accepted the update and you’re unable to drive until it’s complete, which wouldn’t have been suitable for me today.

My question is, can I go into my car now I’m parked at home and start the update? I’ve gone to Settings > System Information > Show All Updates but nothing showing.

Ebwoy

Post by Ebwoy »

Exactly the same happened to me yesterday.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance: Metallic - Manganese Grey w/Infotainment Pack (Collected June ‘22)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Statten wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm I received a message when driving earlier that my update was ready and did I want to install. I declined as where I was driving meant I was stopping for an hour, then a second stop for an hour before returning home. As I understand it the update begins when you stop and park the car after you’ve accepted the update and you’re unable to drive until it’s complete, which wouldn’t have been suitable for me today.

My question is, can I go into my car now I’m parked at home and start the update? I’ve gone to Settings > System Information > Show All Updates but nothing showing.

Yesterday’s OTA update was not the 2.3 version which requires that you be parked and the car locked etc.

I installed it sitting in the car on my driveway, it literally took 2 minutes to download and install.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Statten wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm I received a message when driving earlier that my update was ready and did I want to install. I declined as where I was driving meant I was stopping for an hour, then a second stop for an hour before returning home. As I understand it the update begins when you stop and park the car after you’ve accepted the update and you’re unable to drive until it’s complete, which wouldn’t have been suitable for me today.

I've had the same issue. I declined it yesterday as I was about to drive, now its nowhere to be found.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I haven’t seen this yet but it would be very helpful if the displayed message told you how long the update will take. Or is that asking too much of VW? With all of the issues over the 2.0 update, we need confidence that we are not going to have an unusable car for hours, or even days if things go wrong.
Deleted User 192

hwhbev wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:33 am I haven’t seen this yet but it would be very helpful if the displayed message told you how long the update will take. Or is that asking too much of VW? With all of the issues over the 2.0 update, we need confidence that we are not going to have an unusable car for hours, or even days if things go wrong.

The 2.3 updates do - apparently 30 minutes for part 1, and 3 hours for part 2.

Yesterday's was different, it literally took a couple of minutes to download and install, and said this:

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 09.46.12.png

Statten

Post by Statten »

Hmm, Did you get that screen after you hit “yes” to initiate the download? Would have been helpful to have seen that prior to either selecting ‘yes’ or ‘no’
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Just happened here. One/two bars of 4G. Downloaded and installed in seconds.
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

Same 'update' here today - only a few seconds' worth - most likely I'd guess little more than a test-run for the 2.3 update packages still to come. Only visible change I can see (if it's a change at all) is that the number beside what I assume on the screen is the inbuilt SIM (the globe) now says 2 instead of 1.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Thats your notifications. Tap on the globe and you'll go to them.
Deleted User 192

This was posted by a guy on the UK Facebook group who seems to have a reliable source of information about updates:

It is an OTA update but this is not part of the main 2.3 software update. This update updates the web app that displays the release notes for software updates plus it updates the in car digital manual. It is small and will apply very quickly. The main OTA software update (2.3/0910) is not yet rolling out generally.
f080421

Post by f080421 »

Ebwoy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:00 am Exactly the same happened to me yesterday.
Same here. I got a notification of an update, clicked ok and the car said that it couldn't open the menu because I was driving. Now all update notifications have disappeared. No updates in the updates menu either.

Would be nice to know if it will ever notify about the update again..
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Mine still hasn't happened, 8 days after I got thr notification
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Same here
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
f080421

Post by f080421 »

This video explains the update issues: