OTA Update just occured!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

I have just observed the first OTA update on my vehicle. Saw a message saying "minor updates and bug fixes" screen on start up. After driving for 5m and after stopping it said update complete. No change to status screen.
Message too fast to really take note. I do believe this was my first on air update!!

simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Has the version number changed from 0792
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

No just checked and all the 2.1 numbers are all the same.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I noticed there is a new App version today - see if you see anything different there?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

No difference to the 0792 version number, no noticeable new functions apparently, here’s the info that comes up on screen:

Digital manual: Small improvements, error prevention
ORURN: Minor improvements, errors fixed

The new app version 1.16.0 on iOS was released yesterday:

Push notifications if problems with charging or remote AC
Personalised vehicle image on the car screen
Bug fixes and improved performance <<< they always say that
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Mine just updated this morning, have t noticed any changes yet.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm No difference to the 0792 version number, no noticeable new functions apparently, here’s the info that comes up on screen:

Digital manual: Small improvements, error prevention
ORURN: Minor improvements, errors fixed

Mine updated today, same messages.

Scott - do you know what "ORURN" is?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I believe that ORU stands for Online Remote Update (VW's descriptor for OTA). It is unclear what the RN stands for, though there has been debate on a German forum (mein.id) that it stands for Release Notes.
ID.3 Pro Tech, Scale Silver
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

Woke up this morning, received the ORURN update, speculation on German site is, this is needed for the OTA updates to instal! Good to know my car is capable of receiving updates this way and seems to be set up and working.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

And another today. No clue what has changed and the app is still useless.
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404
Jel

Post by Jel »

"Personalised vehicle image on the car screen"

How do you set that ? I've looked but can't seem to find it
Deleted User 192

Jel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 am "Personalised vehicle image on the car screen"

How do you set that ? I've looked but can't seem to find it

Press the car icon at the bottom of the app screen, and instead of a generic white car with the 20" wheels you should see a representation of your car - this is "my" 1st Edition in the app:

IMG_5448.jpeg

Jel

Post by Jel »

Strange doesn't seem to have changed on mine. How do you check if it had the OTA update installed as I was in a rush that morning and didn't select to install ?
Deleted User 192

I don't think anything on the car influences that image in the app, the app release notes refer to the "selected configuration" which I translate into "what you ordered".

Regarding the OTA update, there are no visual clues or information that it's been installed - my car was at the workshop earlier this week so the technician may have been "offered" it and chosen to install it, I've not been "offered" it by the car since I got it back yesterday.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Those with the App update and the 'Own car' image. iPhone users?
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:59 am Those with the App update and the 'Own car' image. iPhone users?

Yes for me, I did mention in my previous post it was 1.16.0 on iOS that had added this.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Turns my iPhone didn't see the Weconnect ID update and I had to manually update the app. Shows the correct image now
Last edited by Jel on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 192

Jel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:31 pm Turns my iPhone didn't see the Reconnect ID update and I had to manually update the app. Shows the correct image now

I always do a "pull down" on the app update screen on my iPhone, there are always more available for mine than what it shows by default.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Going back to the in car OTA update. Why doesn't anything show up in notifications or settings / systems information / show all updates ? At least nothing shows up for me
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

BEN44R wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:45 am Woke up this morning, received the ORURN update, speculation on German site is, this is needed for the OTA updates to instal! Good to know my car is capable of receiving updates this way and seems to be set up and working.
An OTA update to allow OTA updates? That's the most German thing I've ever heard.