Minor issue with sound system

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I am experiencing momentary drops in music/talk volume via the FM radio and Deezer via Carplay. It happens only every few minutes (could be 3mins or could be 10mins apart) and its for much less than a second. It's a very quick mute in sound and then back to normal. It's not a major issue but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. I never noticed it until the ORURN OTA update test last week, possibily a coincidence, posssibley not? I'm on 0792.
ID.3 Pro Tech, Scale Silver

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I only get those drops via CarPlay not on the radio nor internet radio.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Not on the radio, used to happen with CarPlay on the 0783 software but not on 0792.

You could try stopping the car searching for WiFi networks, I’ve read that can help with the CarPlay drops.
ThinWhiteDuke

Post by ThinWhiteDuke »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:06 pm Not on the radio, used to happen with CarPlay on the 0783 software but not on 0792.

You could try stopping the car searching for WiFi networks, I’ve read that can help with the CarPlay drops.
That's been a niggle of mine too - will check my software, but useful to know the WiFi search impacts it too.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance 58Kwh; Scale Silver
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I've been plugging my iphone in when using car play (and for charging) after the phone (a 12) gave a high temp warning on a two hour journey (apple maps and wirelessly charging)