Selected Mode (Sport/Comfort) not persistent.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

In D I regen don’t coast, in comfort.

I rarely drive in B now, l found I was accelerating too much and convinced myself (rightly or wrongly) that it’s less efficiency than a consistent D.

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

!! is that what B is for! I didnt realise! Doh!
Conquest ID

Post by Conquest ID »

Daveion wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:08 am I drive 100% in B these days and it regens as soon as I lift the pedal in all modes. How should I set it up to test? In D switching between Sport and Eco?
Yes, use D and do the test using Sport.
However, have read this in the manual:
Behaviour of the driving profiles when the ignition is switched off and on

If you switch the ignition off and then back on again, the previously selected driving profile remains active.

Behaviour of the Drive vehicle system when the ignition is switched off and on

The settings of the Drive vehicle system are reset to the settings of the Comfort driving profile as soon as you switch the ignition off and on again.

The other vehicle systems retain their settings when you switch the ignition off and then back on again.

You can switch the Drive vehicle system to the desired driving profile again:

Select the desired driving profile again.
I would assume it will reset the Drive vehicle system (whatever that is) to Comfort.
2021 Life Pro Performance, White
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

So I learn a bit more. Re-tested in D Mode Sport.
Right enough it defaults to Comfort when you first turn on until you select Sport again. Regens in Sport and not in Comfort.
The regen in D Sport seems to be lighter than when in Drive B. More difficult to one-pedal drive!
Also means I think that for weeks I think I have been in ECO and most likely been driving in Comfort mode. 🤪🙄
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Conquest ID

Post by Conquest ID »

Daveion wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:47 pm So I learn a bit more. Re-tested in D Mode Sport.
Right enough it defaults to Comfort when you first turn on until you select Sport again. Regens in Sport and not in Comfort.
The regen in D Sport seems to be lighter than when in Drive B. More difficult to one-pedal drive!
Also means I think that for weeks I think I have been in ECO and most likely been driving in Comfort mode. 🤪🙄
However, the manual says it only defaults back the Drive vehicle system! Any idea what that means? So some settings will remain in the mode you selected, but certainly not the one that affects the regen. Maybe looking at the Individual mode will shed some light. I can't check at the moment, but I'll have a look later...
2021 Life Pro Performance, White
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Here's the full "mode" info:

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.23.50.png